I'm really enjoying contested High Keep

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gash, May 2, 2014.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

yah the new hq weapons are sub prime my opinion )
  2. Kander Developer

Oh really?
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Feara likes this.
  4. Kander Developer

That's right. Be afraid... be very afraid. :D
    Feara, Neiloch and Feldon like this.
  5. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Feign death nerfs imminent.
  6. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm just picturing rugs now that attack when clicked and are not fooled by the playing dead act and will destroy all brawlers foolish enough to plunder.
  7. Chrol Developer

Feign death on rug = severe rug burn = instant death?
  8. Endymion Developer

Mimics: No longer just for treasure chests!
  9. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Needs to have 100% less healed so that you can't deathsave through it as well.
  10. Tenael New Member

I too enjoy the zone, but can't figure out one mob. The Chooser (2nd to last named). Can't quite figure out the strat on how to avoid the mass wipes. Something about trying to save your groupmates... Any help is appreciated.
  11. Dracks Member

Whoever gets the red text stating that they need to save their groupmates should pay special attention to the area directly above the head of their groupmates... They might be able to lend the rest of the group a *hand*.

(Badly Disguised Spoiler: When I was doing that fight, I observed that there were little spectral undead thingies above the head of each member of my group. I clicked the little undead thingies (as they had a hand icon when I hovered over 'em), and I think if you get all of 'em you avoid the mass wipes.)
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Personally I find the hokey mechanics to add 'difficulty' to really take away from the zone.

Eventually we may learn that 'irritating mechanics' != 'challenge'.

I dislike this zone for many of the same reasons as I despised the SG raid zone. Many steps takrn to simply make things annoying vs challenging.
    Wirewhisker and Skeezie like this.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

I agree Atan. I don't understand the sudden and rampant "anti farming" mechanics they've been introducing. They're silly, unnecessary, and a waste of dev time that could be used for better things. Why, 9 years later, is farming such a "problem" that needs to be "fixed"?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

I can understand wanting to make something difficult, but the fact that crowd control abilities have no effect to what they put in makes it extremely hokey imo.

Here's a shiney new zone, but don't use half your buttons or we'll over-buff the encounters to kill you. Using half my buttons and neutering my character isn't 'fun'. Yes, I can do the content, I've killed almost everything in it, and nearly finished my collections, but its not content I'm enjoying, its more like content I'm suffering to complete. Once done, I assure you I will elect to load a different game vs repeat this content. It simply isn't 'fun'.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Skeezie Active Member

This is the zone that was the straw on my camel's back. It was enough for me to bypass the very tempting annual offer. I will be back, I have no doubt, but the focus has finally lost my loyalty.
  16. Talathionwins Active Member

Please remove the AOE Debuff or add a buff that makes everything single target. My presence by just being a berserker seems to pull everything through the floors/walls.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

After identifying one or two effects with an unworkable radius the zone isn't bad at all (ACT works well for this). I'm still able to go in loaded up with aoe procs and spam my blue aoes and rarely do I get unexpected agro.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Talathionwins Active Member

Some of the Berserker AAs and Abilities that are part of my class by design make the zone pretty impossible unless they actually do something about the walls of the zone. Castle Mistmoore at T7 was way better then this. Actidently pulling mobs from the ceiling, sides of the rooms and the floor with ONE blue AOE does not include challenge, its just a **** mechanic that adds tedium.

Either make Berserkers Immune to this or please change it so I don't have to reroll my class just to play a zone.
  19. Gash Active Member

How hard is it to know which of the blue buttons have a large radius, and not hit those? Its not about trying to make the zone difficult, just making it not mindless/boring.
    I understand the concept of an "AE class" but come on... its not that bad. I really like the fact that you have to think about what buttons to (not) hit for a change, and that you can't just faceroll pull whole floors and win.
    And if you pull stuff BACK (to where you've already cleared) when you pull, you can use most your AEs safely in most areas. Learning the areas that are exceptions to this (there really aren't many) is part of the fun. haha

You can't please everyone, haters are always gonna hate, but overall this zone is leaps and bounds better than any contested zone that has come out in years.
  20. Talathionwins Active Member

Except I can't use 12 abilities, and some times my buffs that help me actually get hate, and my AGGRO snaps which help me tank, and even some of my survivability buffs, pretty much almost half my abilities can't be used. If I was playing another tank class, like Paladin or Guardian I would be completely fine, because their buffs are not also attacks, they are not really AOEs they are based off either transfers or being hit, or single target. However MY threat abilities are all AOE. Each thing I do literally pushes things through the door.

I personally played at level 70 when Mistmoore Castle came out with similar features, however my blue AOEs NEVER would pull things through walls like they do now, the zone is honestly poorly coded and they need to atleast fix the floors. I can understand the rooms, but pulling things through the ceiling, and floors? Its instant wipe.

If your going to punish AOE classes, then make them immune to the debuff.