I'm new and need some tips!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Fenik, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Fenik New Member

So I bought the expansion and got the 100 boost; I used it on a Paladin.

Since the boost, I have done only one of the public quests, I'm guessing I need to do more. Here is a list of what I've accomplished:
    /claim. I redeemed all of the "per character" awards up to year 11. Ya, I'm an old school EQ1 lover!
    Deity: I chose my deity, Mithaniel Marr, and did all the quests to get the pet that runs around with you. Not sure what he really does yet... and I haven't "spent" anything at the altar, since I don't know what to pick.
    Tradeskill: I did writs and all the quest lines through level 50ish. Then I did one weekly instance/tradeskill quest and then writs to level 95. I'm not sure what the best way is to get to 100 or if I even should. Let me know what you think. (I'm an alchemist)
    Gathering: I did all of Qho's gathering quests and still need to finish leveling my skills to 500. The closest is about 400ish, but it seems you can gather anything now, regardless of skill, so that's awesome.
    Transmuting: I do the daily transmute quest. I mentored down a bit and got the skill to 245. Are adorning or tinkering worth doing?
    Mercenary: I got that Zhugrus guy and I love him so far.

There you go. Diety - done. What should be on my priority list to do during the upcoming weeks?
    Epic 1.0? 2.0? Gathering cap? Tradeskill cap? PQs until I have a full suit of gear? Those are my ideas. Please let me know what I'm missing and if there are some things I need to do asap.

Thanks all, appreciate the tips!

PS: I have a RL friend that I bought the expansion for too. We haven't gotten around to playing together yet, but he boosted a Defiler. We'll start grouping as soon as I feel "caught up" enough to dive into content.
  2. maxximum Active Member

You didn't mention ascension, you should start that asap if you haven't already. I think geomancer is generally considered a good one for tanks.

You should max out tradeskill and adorning asap. Tradeskill for the cloak, and adorning because it's a pain getting other people to make them. I'd use a vitality potion at lvl 96 or so, it gets really slow without it. I'm not sure about muting these days, I think most people go with salvaging.

Solos and advances solos can be painful if you haven't got half-decent gear, so ask in channel for a partner, or for someone who's doing them to burn ascension xp that you can tag along with. They'll probably let you take any upgrades that drop.

There's a triumph achievement in KA that gives a sexy off hand, 'quest ascension in kunark', get that done asap, and also the KA sig line for a decent mount.

Keep running PQs as often as you can. Fens, KP and JW all have a small chance to drop a nice item (charm, main hand and head slot), and you have a chance to drop a mythical relic armour piece from doing most dailies, weeklies, PQs, etc. Ob PQ has a chance to drop a nice merc chest, but all my mercs are decked out in myth gear that I can't wear myself anyway so it's not a priority.

Also remember to keep spending your tithe. That's all I can think of for now.
  3. Tillamook Member

Keep an eye on your deity points as it stops at 10 and anything new is not added. I was told this after not paying attention for a month and do not know how much I lost. Also your Ascension scrolls stop at 50 so until you do pqs and use them up it will not give you anymore. Best way to get to 100 is go to Tranquil and Phantom sea and do the quests there. It helps if your in a guild and you can do city quests to kill specific mobs and get city faction and 95-100 in like 2-3 days if you break for food and work to pay your EQ habit like me. Have fun playing, and enjoy yourself, explore the world of Norrath.
  4. Aaak New Member

if you have a little plat to spend get some handcrafted "Twark" gear off the broker , its better than the stuff from the armor crates that boosted toons get and will make it easyer to do the KA timeline , solos ,PQs and key quests to get better gear
    for trade skill try doing the TS timelines in places they give good TS gear that add to skills that are usefull
    for gathering you can harvest anything but you need a certain amount of skill to be able to get rares, depending on what tier of stuff you are harvesting
  5. Fenik New Member

Thank you for the reply. I haven't heard of "ascension," so I will do a quick search and find out what you mean.
    Is the tradeskill cloak made or a quest reward? What is the name so I can search it?
    I did pick the tradeskill prestige salvaging ability, but have yet to use it.
    I don't know what a solo or advanced solo is... can you post the name of one so I can search it?
    I don't know anything about tithe, but I will look that up now.

Thanks again, I have some searching to do.
  6. Snorkasauruss New Member

Hmmm if your new to eq 2 your reward time from eq 1 dont transfer over, i played eq 1 for 17 yrs and mine didnt transfer over at all ..
  7. Fenik New Member

Appreciate the tips.
    I have not heard of deity points or ascension scrolls. I will search for more info. You will probably find me online, MajDul server, a Dwarf named Angri. I will be in the tranquil/phantom sea you mentioned to finish off tradeskilling.
    Tillamook likes this.
  8. Fenik New Member

I was able to claim rewards for 11 years. Hopefully that's not a bug where I end up with the rewards taken away... I did play EQ2 shortly after the original launch, but I didn't love it, so I returned to EQ1. Maybe that original login/character creation started the reward clock.
  9. Tillamook Member

Like that name Angri..:) I am on Halls of Fate server.. not right now of course, but as soon as they are back up.. When you complete quests like the PQs you get points and you can bring up how many you have, if any, when you open the EQII button where it list things like Broker, Options etc, and pick the one that says Deity.. Has a window with options like Stamina, Potency.. I think wiki has a good right up on it, and I know I have seen something on here awhile back..