I'm looking at heritage quests for status points, obtain crafting stations

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I looked at Nebulous Newsie quest but its heroic.

The Celestial Realms one is solo.

I'll be trying a different character, with a higher avoidance. Mitigation isn't as high though. Have to wait and see what potency and resolve are.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Potency on this secong 110 adv level character is 65,523.5%.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Newsies quest is quite easy; I've done it on many toons.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll try it, but since the servers are down it will have to be on Wednesday or Thursday.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

I just flew around on my weaklings its realy easy enough. If you get agro just keep flying far enough away to lose its interest and then go to next spot.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I tried the Newsie quest.

Looked at the Obol Plains for a Guide, none there, but the wiki said might not be one.

So I went to:

Find Naylie DelANews in Phantom Sea ( -44, 31, 961 ) and only found a bone rot mob. Killed it and went back to Wanderer's Dock.

Did the dailies of 25 mobs killed, went back to the small island. Still no Newsie. So I went back to Qeynos, character's prestige house, and made 8 items got my daily 2 loyalty tokens.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Problem I have is being only able to barely move once the attacks start. I don't think Nejiara on Maj'Dul has anything that would slow the character down. No yalp on the character.

The one where I got agro there is supposed to be a teleport to the next zone.

This step is where I had the problem, character died twice.Skando resurrected my toon first time. Then we both died. I got one phoenix down to 55%, and barely scratched the other one. I managed to keep clear of the other two. Other mobs in the Doomfire, the Burning Lands zone never agroed.

5. Travel to the Blazeplate Rise at ( -383, 61, -340 ) .

Use the portal to Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands

Step 5 is where the 4 phoenixes live. Nothing updated, they just agroed.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to catch the day the Guides are running the quest. So check out the Guide Forums (I linked to Maj'Dul Guides, all the servers are represented).

You can politely ask for them to run any specific guide quest, and if they can, they'll schedule it.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My schedule varies too much for me to bother other folks. I may have to stop playing on a moments notice as my relatives want me to help them with something. I'll have to work at finding a date.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The cool part is that for the big status quests, you just show up and get it from the Guide. You can complete it anytime later, you don't have to do it right then. I usually grab the quest, camp to the next alt, grab the quest, camp, etc. That way everyone has it and can run it when they're feeling big and brave.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I may have time later to contact them. Thanks.

Rather tired today.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Hopefully you've already figured this out, but there is no portal at Blazeplate Rise. Just as there was a portal in Myrist to get to Doomfire, the Burning Lands, you have to go back to Myrist and use the portal to Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands. Of course that's after you get the update for Blazeplate Rise.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't been back there.

That character is out of repair kits, so I will likely try a different character. I've looked in Marketplace and on Broker, but I've never see any repair kits.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Carpenters make repair kits. If you are a tinker, you can make your own repair bot... you can also buy a bot but I think you have to have some tinkering skill to use the bot.

OTOH, if you are JUST doing exploration dings, go naked. No need to repair.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nejiara on Maj'Dul is back to cannot move while under attack. This quest does need a flying mount.

I have carpenter toons. And two have max tinker skills at 550.

The phoenixes had me down in damage, if I could have moved away, I might have completed that step and gone on to the next one.

My toon died twice, so did my merc. Second time, I chose to show back up in my home city, Qeynos.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Different character, different server. Merc has better mitigation.

I made it past the Doomfire, the Burning Lands, no injuries, not attacked.

Then I went to Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands.

Couldn't find the Ancient Grove on fourth floor. So I went down to the bridge, and counted up. Tried landing... some muddite took umbrage, my character slipped off that level, merc is fighting muddite... I couldn't fly my character back up to help. Couldn't move.

So I typed /quit.

Try logging in again and see if the combat is over and I can fly again.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ancient Grove has a bunch of trees inside that room (natch!)
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Had to get my merc back.

Found the yellow dot for Ancient Grove. It appears to be on the top of the pyramid. Landed there, went up and down. No update. The text that show up on my screen says something else. Sorry, no screen shot, but I don't think it said Ancient Grove.

So I fast traveled back to Qeynos.

Any info on where 1353, 635, 41is precisely located would be helpful.

Thanks.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Which entrance to the pyramid is it ?

The muddite is 106th and yellow to my character. I couldn't see any trees in there as it completely blocked the entrance.

edit: My toon is 110 adv level. So the muddite being at level 106, and yellow, tells me its tough. I realize 106 shouldn't be yellow to 110 adv level character.

Maybe I'll go back and try another day. I need to look up how to handle adornments and the 110 free armor, etc. items. I remember you linking it in here somewhere, but I forgot to bookmark it, I think.

Sorry for the babbling, still rather tired.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Gero, the Ancient Grove is the first entrance down from the top. Do not land; fly past the muddite into the room until you get the update, turn around and fly back out. Your merc is a detriment here. Either dismiss or put on passive.

I've spent too much time looking for this update on various toons. ;)
    Breanna and Dude like this.