I'm kinda upset, paid 140 for premium and already better mounts drop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the mounts drop myself, but I've seen people with them and seen people auctioning them. They can drop in any zone, solo or heroic, from what I understand.
    Breanna and Dethrayzin like this.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

like i said, this thread is hilarious for the very reason how rare heroic mounts are. 4x solo mounts give u a solo Chaos horse, which has same stats as a single heroic elemental horse, and dont count towards the 4x heroic mount that u want.

mount can drop in any heroic and from crate rewards. the reason you haven't seen them is cause they're that rare.
    Dethrayzin likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not a quest, it's an Achievement. Press J to open your quest journal. Click the Achievement Tab. Some Achievements are visible before you complete the requirements for that Achievement. Hidden Achievements are not visible until you have completed them. It's the same for everybody, and there are quite a lot of Hidden Achievements in various categories (click the link for the wiki's list).

This isn't about what you "deserve", it's about you getting out and exploring stuff, and finding these things out by serendipity. If you have more than the basic expansion, in the last few expansions there have been merchants who would, for a fee, upgrade some of the prizes you got for purchasing the upgraded version of the expansion. You can only see the upgrade if you have used /claim to claim the item being upgraded.

If you have the Chaos Descending expansion, you have access to Myrist, the Great Library. There's an Achievement for exploring the whole library and finding all the points of interest, and it is not a Hidden Achievement, it's right there in your Journal. The Merchants' Gallery is in Myrist.

[IMG]

Yeah, I personally think F2P players should be second class citizens. Those who pay for the game with our monthly subscription get a bonus for supporting the game. In creating the F2P category, the company has to give you some incentive to want to subscribe, and thus F2P has always had some restriction and doesn't get all the perqs that a subscriber has.

Available to you the information was, grasshopper. Or how else would you know to be kvetching about it?
    Dude, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

agree 100%

I don't know why F2P people need to be constantly reminded of this either Sig. Seems to be elementary.

silly serfs! :D
    Febrith, Seefar, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Nothing is hidden from you that wasn't hidden from everyone else until it was discovered either. That's what "hidden" quests are.

Nothing to do with your status as F2P.
    Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Did you people even read her post before responding? She said this account (the one she's posting on) is FTP, but she has 2 other accounts that are All-Access.
    Lateana and Argonath like this.
  7. Uwopo Active Member

Hidden achievements are a double edged sword. It's fun to discover unexpected rewards, but some things are counter intuitive. I discovered the solo chaos mount achievement on my server with my alt, only after reading this thread, because it didn't make sense to loot mounts on my alt when I already had better.

Now that people know about it, expect there to be even more contention for ultra-rare heroic zone mounts, since the final heroic reward (presumed) is better than the upgraded collector's mount.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I did, and wondered why even bring up the "second class citizen treatment" thing if they obviously had paid accounts and still didn't know anything about this hidden quest/achievement.
    Dude, Lateana, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think a lot of you were the kids that went searching endlessly around your homes hoping to find the Christmas gifts before Christmas or the ones that tore the corners off of wrapped gifts to see what was in it before you were supposed to.
    Kaid likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

O OH OHHH that was mean LOL We used to unwrap them to see what they were and then wrap them back up.
    Juraiya, Kaid and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Did someone really pull the I should get better than everyone else card because I paid more in a game that requires competitive thinking?
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Is that not exactly how this game have been doing things the last few years? Don't be surprised when ppl expect to be rewarded with an advantage over others because they swiped the card when that is how character progression is done here
    Lateana, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  13. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

While true..I wouldn't have guessed people would start the entitlement issue as mostly anyone who plays this game is 25+ years old
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Older age does not bring wisdom... just look at the many politicians committing lots of unwise acts!
    Lateana, Cyrrena, Kaid and 2 others like this.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hehe yeah, the paying for stats and upgrades are bad in every single way except for DBGs bank account. Despite the fact that I hate p2w, if I were to find a mount and let's say familiar in a heroic dungeon already better then what I bought it would make me feel bad because the money would feel wasted, but at the same time it would make me happy as its a huge step in the right direction for the game. So either way there would be mixed feelings :)
  16. Kaid Member

For me the solution to the P2W problem is very simple.

I REFUSE to win!!! I am NOT going to win! Nope, I am not doing it! So, there!

Problem solved! Besides, winning is overrated. I'm just here to goof around and have fun. I don't need to win to have fun.
    Juraiya, Dude, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  17. Sikkun Member

Member in the 90’s when all you paid for was dial up and the monthly subscription. If you were lucky you got a cool cloth map with you boxed copy of the expansion. (Which I framed and is hanging on my wall, because they were cool).

Simpler times.
    Juraiya, Kaid, Dude and 5 others like this.
  18. chattie Well-Known Member

a better mount dropped from the questline in a solo instance...no heroics necessary
  19. chattie Well-Known Member

go the the merchants gallery upstairs north end the status merchants has a upgraded mount
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  20. That guy. Well-Known Member

Cry more, then next time when you have way more money than sense, remember this. I'd also recommend some economics classes, just in case.
    Kheldar likes this.