I'm coming home.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Edavi, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Welcome home, Edavi! I recommend Halls of Fate server, Old Timer Guild.
    https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/old-timers-guild.219260/
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

Yes that is correct. I was generalizing and I should not have.

I'm not happy with the change. I struggle to heal people while other healers do not.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Like any game it will take a while to catch up. I'm not sure why a few people are so negative, it should be expected that you can't hit the ground running with a max level character anywhere. /shrug

But there is a "Panda quest" that gives you gear for Kunark Ascending, and there will be a treasure chest I think, when the new expansion goes live, to help people get started. That's better than being undergeared and trying to complete quests for basic gear.

The lore from EQ1 for this expansion (Planes of Prophecy) is on Zam here: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Everquest_Guide_Prophecy_of_Ro

But of course, being EQ2, it is a bit different here. Come join us on Beta! :)
    Snikkety and Prissetta like this.
  4. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming. I'm sorry to hear you're not pleased with the changes, it seems so incongruous maybe it's a mistake? I hope they adjust things more to your liking, and sorry about the rabbit trail on the thread.
  5. SocialDisease New Member

ive been on discord talking with folks playing beta, some have had serious issues with things broken in Beta and not working some people say they have waited 3 days just to get a character copied over. so it will probably be about a week before we get some real data feedback from them.
  6. Archon of Hate Active Member

Mind the bums, careful not to step on any needles, and keep in mind that the basement has been turned into a meth lab.
  7. Steelviper Active Member

Beta is Beta, but yes, to get the most current impression of the game's development, either get the Kunark Ascending expac or even better, get the most basic version of Planes of Power which includes any previous expac up to Kunark Ascending, /beta a toon of your liking and see how well that goes (most likely will have to wait a few days to be copied over, or even longer).
    Also don't forget that Beta is Beta, and not the complete game, so bugs and incomplete content are all around and things are to be tested (yes, by fellow players, and you got to pay for new explac to test the game for developers, but you also get in-game rewards for it).

That said, if you didn't play for many years, it's a whole different game now, so you might want to start from level 1 and explore it slowly instead, to learn your class of choice etc.
    Semperfifofum and Raff like this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Betas are ALWAYS buggy. Just gotta deal with it if you are playing it.
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

Betas also generally include final art selection long before going live... except not this one.