I'm a newbie to EQ & EQ2 vet of many other games.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hamster, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Hamster New Member

I've played many other MMO's and I'm getting up there in the years and since I signed up for an all access pass because of Planetside 2 (and sadly getting very bored with it) I want to try either or both games.

I would assume that Everquest 2 is the 'best' and has the most content?

Please tell me what is the most populated server, I'd like to play on there.

Also if you know of any newbie friendly guilds that are mostly drama and nonsense free please let me know who to contact. I'm one of those new players who won't bug you for free stuff, but I'm definately not shy about asking questions, so instead of giving me fish I'll be asking ya to teach me how to fish. =0)

I've tried Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and well... meh. (maybe I didn't get into it enough to really enjoy much more than the diplomacy cardgame built into it).

Also please let me know what class you would recommend me to play as a total newbie.

I've heard a lot of great things about the EQ and EQ2 community over the years and I look forward to interacting with you.

Almost forgot, I'm located in Northeastern Tenn. USA if the region is very important--I'm hoping to be on a crowded server if possible. =)

Hamster

p.s. If any of you know of any other of the SOE games available through the all access pass that I should definately not pass up, let me know.
  2. Hamster New Member

3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle and Freeport are the most populated servers (AB is the best server if you prefer to role play). Crushbone is the third highest populated server.
    All classes are ok for the new to EQ2 player, getting to level 20 which is quick and easy will give you a good flavour of the class specifics, so try a few and go with what you like and feels good.
    Hitting U (if you're not alrady in a guild) will bring up a list of guilds actively recruiting, usually with name of a player or two (guild recruiter's) currently online. Chat with them to find out about their guild. There may also be a link to the guild's web site that may give you some more info.
    I'm not sure that NE Tenn will be a hindrence, :rolleyes: but then I'm based in the UK although I play on a USA located server ;)

Wherever and with whoever you end up playing, enjoy the game.
  4. Salavar Active Member

There are no crowded servers in EQ2

Play whatever you are happy playing, caster, melee, tank, healer, support class etc, there are no racial benefits or restrictions, no class restrictions, it is really all about your preferred play style. Pick a race class combo that you LIKE or think you will like and jump in!

Basically on Freeport or Antonia Bayle (the most populated of the servers) your time zone works, there are people from all over the world on both those servers and I have seen people on at all hours, primetime for you should be reasonable from a population standpoint.