Illusory Arm

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ucala, Jul 17, 2013.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

A straight 1 extra attack would be nice. Too OP I guess though.

Change it to some % of Flurry, 25% is probably too OP.

Change it to be a straight damage proc.

But I haven't been able to get my spell weapon attack anywhere close to 600. Are you finding just as much damage without the melee?
  2. Colm Active Member

And yet there's always enchanters complaining for more mage gear that has melee stats.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I am still melee'ing as an enchanter, which I am sure means it is the wrong thing to do.

Hard mode fights are looking like you can't get in close anymore as a squishie, even with sever hate and the ae avoidance rune. I expect the avatar arena and perhaps the siren's grotto are why people are getting out of the close range game. I wouldn't know for sure since I haven't been in siren's yet though. Only 2 guilds on my server has done anything in the grotto yet.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Because Melee is a viable option. Melee vs Spell Specs for Enchanters is a matter of personal a guild preference. Melee can do more damage, but it's riskier so you have to be able to count on your mages. Many newer HM-Fights are impossible to joust in and out on so Illies have been transitioning to Spell Spec just for more consistent DPS. I had to Spell Spec for Gen'Ra HM because if I didn't the guild wouldn't even bring my illy for backup nights.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

my spell weapon MA is a little above 400 iirc, like 440 450 or something.
    personally your 2h swings harder (of course) but slower, where if you use a wand it will hit for less, but way way faster. just about 2x faster. and it can't be stopped anyway (although I didn't have a much issue with timing the delay on melee) things do happen though. with not having to joust or anything, it makes up and really so far it seems to do about just as much as dps as your 2h auto
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

In such case have you respecced your strength tree out into something esle? Wisdom maybe to get magic skills up? Just curious.

I 've tried to go for spell weapon things as a chanter but in all honesty it decreased my dps. So I reforged back to get MA and AE chance. I might be doing something wrong but as a coercer I don't seem benefit from SW stats.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I did not because the auto attack multiplayer works on your wand it seems. I have dropped sever hate and went down wis line a bit though for the magic skills/focus increase. tbh my AA spec is wack atm :p but it works well and I dps'd pretty amazing on him when I played him :p
    coercer is a little different since a coercer Already gets a melee based group (dirge buffs, and 2 healers usually, one being a shaman)

http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU65;at014...5@3011t3a00a800aa0@31t50330@312010330@3330011
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Thank you Ucala! I am testing now a new spec on a chater tree. It's actually close to what you use now. I too dropped SH line and went a bit for wis for magic skills. Still specced strengh tree. Tested it bit. It went well. Dps went up. Though I still have 600 MA and around 50% AE chance.:)
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

SH is still a must for HM-Raiding from my experience, escpecially for a Melee-specced Enchanter. It also lets you really help out MT-Healers. However if you aren't doing that form of content or don't need it because of how your guild pulls. Tossing SH for the Spell-Skills does up your damage a bit due to conversion.

With 600 MA and 50% AE I assume your still Melee Specced correct? I went to mage-spec on my illy due to how risky and time consuming moving in and out for melee became with how my guild currently pulls content. The stability of the utility helps the real mage DPS more. I have a Melee-Spec for if I am in the scout-group.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

SH. Not really. We've got warden in our group. I never use it on myself, sometimes on her when our warden needs to stay in. But overall it's not crucial even in HM fights especially as you saying they are pretty much ranged. And I've been in a few already.
    Though it's a matter of opinion of course. As I said it's my testing specc. And yes if MA and AE it's a melee spec :)
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I figured as much tbh I have been thinking of moving off SH because once again as a Spell-Spec I feel it's not worth it on fights other than like PK or Gen'Ra if I want to make sure I just don't get AE'd... I guess I could use it on my pet?
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Can you SH a pet? Not sure. Never tried really. Sometimes in fights with AE I don't even bother to cast it. It doesn't give us good dps unlike illys' pets do.
    Try it though. But I would recommend to go a wis line to 10 points in magic skill increase. You will love it. Get ur magic skill as close to 1000 as possible and you will notice the positive change :)
    Get as many versions of speccs as you feel and try them. I love how easy we can change them now depends on a fight. Good luck on kills!
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

SH is way way way not a must for HM raiding at all.
    seems most AoEs are going away from even being AoE blockable. and the ones you can block don't really hit you for alot.

you can SH your pet, there is a macro for it on eq2flames. I used it alot back when pets mattered :p
    and yea, on my illy in raids my magic skills are around 1100-1200 or something, pretty nice :p more with Flash of Brilliance up iirc

HM Gen'Ra's AoEs don't hurt when ranged, and really ranged is what you should in the Whole fight (everyone in the raid). atleast once the warcouncilors are dead.
    as for PK, Sever Hate would just complicate things, much like peaceful link. in other words, if you get ported so one of the names is on you, and you sever hate/peaceful link triggers to drop your hate position, the mob will run off to someone else, if the 8s immunity to taunts has worn off of course :p
    unless you mean to SH the AoEs of the names, nox doesn't matter, only trauma does, but eh :p still not a big thing
    Kraeref likes this.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah I was noticing that, I have specced off SH already with more positive results. As to PK I found it blocks Lightning Strikes.