Illusory Arm

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ucala, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ucala Well-Known Member

I thought we had a patch not too long ago to fix some AA. I am not sure why this wasn't addressed, IA gives a target 25 MA.. when nowadays people walk around with 800-1k. I figured someone would have noticed that IA is kinda a mute AA
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

What would you suggest it become? I know some classes like Troubadour's actually reforge around getting that 25 MA to get optimal stats. I would love to discuss it but I want to hear what you think a good choice for an alternate would be. Perhaps then I can tell you why/why not it may not be a good design choice for the skill.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

personally that sounds like a bad idea since reforging MA is one of the worse stats you could reforge due to returns for losses. so you should never reforge out it. so you easily have way over 600 without trying. as for an alternate, I don't know nor do I care to much, the fact is just that it's a rather ineffective AA as it stands.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

As it stands all you are doing is commenting/complaining about an AA, rather than discussing the reason why it's worthless or at least what you feel may be better.

Note though I said "Some Troubadour's" not "All Troubadour's" By not reforging a stat for MA and using Illusory Arm as a buff a Troub can use that saved Reforge stat for other more important stats. If you are just pointing out that Illusory Arm is not as useful as it once was that's fine.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

I thought I stated it perfectly, it's worthless because MA is a joke nowadays. 600 is easy, 800 is even easy. I have a troub that isn't even geared in the slightly way out there and he has basically every stat he needs other than more CB/pot and ability mod from just reforging other stats. never touched reforging MA out and sits at 700-800 solo
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

You stated why you thought it was worthless, not what could be done to make it worthwhile. MA does reforge horribly but a buff doesn't apply to only raiders. If Heroic Players and to an extent Solo Players are reaching the MA Softcap of 600% then possibly the skill does indeed need to be looked at but the question remains what fits the theme of Illusory Arm that isn't Flurry as Arms of Imagination already does that. Weapon Stats perhaps?
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

hmm, I don't know any heroic person that doesn't have above 600 MA. as I said my troub who is in all drinal faction gear basically, and a 80 cloak from GD quests is sitting at 700-800 MA solo. I don't know where you think people don't reach 600 MA without even trying.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Perhaps my information is outdated. If indeed it is, well then the skill does need to be looked at.
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

A lot of classes have these outdated aa's. Don't know if they're gonna do anything about all the old ones, but in the future hopefully we see more scaling abilities/buffs like ev and bolster that age well.
    Le Clown likes this.
  10. Quabi Active Member

Passive buffs are lame, though. There's no need to update the dozens of passive buffs that have lost significance over the years, imo.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

Estred, you're kind of being a pain, but here you go Ucala, a suggestion for making it better without just turning it into AOI.

Add a proc, like many old outdated stat buffs have had added to them (see: ROA). Since IA adds only melee MA, make it a proc on melee. Have it proc damage, worthwhile damage, or perhaps a temp reuse buff.

If not a proc, then just add a flat reuse buff to it, keep it small since it's obvious that devs are trying to keep scouts from capping reuse.
  12. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Problem with that is good luck finding a utility left in this game that wants to juggle temps instead of doing personal dps.
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

kinda my thoughts, a proc. more so than a temp, since recent class updates were made to make the illy class have less temps to cast (making Peace of Mind and DR the same button). things I would suggest is a damage proc or stat booster that includes non easily capped stats nowadays (aka dps/haste/casting speed/spell reuse/MA are all out)
  14. Quabi Active Member

Well it's not like Illus can't get into raids because their passive buffs are less significant now. I'd just keep the status quo.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

I know I was, it's part of trying to get a point across. Which was if you are going to comment/complain about a skill also make a suggestion. My apologies for it, but the effect was intended.

I could understand a damage proc. That may be acceptable it would have to scale decently for 1-95 content. Beyond that it's probably going to hit the issues of other procs, it has to be updated every 10 level set or else it weakens.
  16. Jokirr Member

A damage proc to me would simply be the easy fix to it, now that doesn't mean I'm not in favor of it (I am actually since currently I don't think its even worth grabbing), but I would like to possibly see something else than just a damage proc, now I know most probably don't want it to be a + to dps or attack speed but if we want it to scale through 1-95 then how about if its like 10% of targets base dps mod or attack speed for X seconds? This would synergize with a scout or fighters prestige conversions (yes I know everyone has like 400/400 but this is simply another alternative to a bland damage proc).
    Now of course these are just numbers that can freely be adjusted as needed for balance purposes but thats what I would like to see possibly for the skill if they are going to revamp it.
  17. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Small bit of weapon damage bonus maybe, who knows? It's still not a bad AA though really.
  18. Colm Active Member

I'd like to know how much MA the average lvl 95 Illusionist walks around with. Since MA would be quite high for most scout classes, i'd assume most illusionists would be putting IA on themselves nowadays.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

:raises hand: you found one. I raid on my illy(main Alt) one day a week for our raid alliance the otherday is my Ranger's(main) turn. I do not worry about my dps as much as I worry about my group getting the buffs they need to do their job even after dying.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

you could get 600 MA without even trying if you want to melee due to how well spell weapon stats reforge.
    600 MA, 200 haste/dps, 100 AE auto, 64 recovery all easily done.
    with that being said though my illy doesn't melee anymore, since illies tend to be in groups of 1 healer (mage group) it's just better to use a wand.