Illusions stop when on mount.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Profezsor, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Profezsor New Member

I did a search but some reason could not find a post. So hope I posted in right place.

I have mounts hidden but want my illusion to show only time I see it is when my mount is not active. Anyway to fix that or an option I am missing?

Thank you.
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

It would take a big coding change to make illusions work when on a mount when the mount is hidden. The reason illusions hide is that most illusions do not have a mount riding animation. They made them drop when riding mounts, long before hiding mounts was an option. So you're out of luck, sorry. If you want your illusion to show, don't use a mount.
  3. Sure Active Member

They could get round it by applying the user settings, i.e. if a user has all mounts hidden then other people should view them as unmounted. Would not be a huge code change then.

If they tried to animate all the illusions on a mount that would be a lot of art work stuff to do, I doubt there would be much coding stuff to do either.

On a side note, illusion + mount, given some illusions make players absolutely ginormous them on a mount would solar eclipse making, I am thinking of that Kromzek illusion, can you imagine how huge the mount would be with growth potions and stuff. :D

But no, there is nothing you are missing, they need to change game functionality to do what you want.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I laughed when my Kromzek illusion got jumping and swimming animations :D It made me happy, If perhaps they had an artist with free time or perhaps a Freelance artist I would love to see many of the humanoid Illusions given riding positions. A Burnaye (spelling?) would be so cute on the back of a griphon... or just not being hidden by my drakota mount (that is hidden also)