Illusionist vs Necro and Warlock's wand dps.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mckain, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mckain New Member

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone else notice this. I have 3 chars, as stated above, all 3 with similar potent and fabled sda gear from fabled SOS. Similar DPS, focus and WDB, yet my Illusionist is only putting half the damage when compared to the necro and warlock using strictly auto attack with a wand.

ACT shows that both Warlock and Necro and very close together and Illusionist does half the dmg compared to the other two even though they're all have similar stat. The tooltip shows Illusionist ranged attack of 10k-33k while Necro and Warlock shows 22k-72k.

Do pure DPS mages have an innate auto attack multiplier that support mages does not have, or is this just a bug? Any feed back is appreciated.
  2. Pliable New Member

Damn! I don't know the answer, but this is a very big deal.

I don't like this 'pure DPS mage' bit. Illies are mages. They are a DPS class balanced based on their utility, but that should in my mind be spell based, not wand based. And a necro and warlock are balanced as well based on the pet allowing better survivability, so if IMO Necro should be affected in some way as well if wand damage is being scaled by class.

Mal
  3. Jolemai Active Member

There's more to it than gear.

Would you be kind enough to link the EQ2U profiles of the relevant toons please?
  4. Tyman Active Member

5. Mckain New Member

I never knew that, thank you for citing the source.
  6. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

The following is from the EQ2 Panel #3: Itemization Evolves SLIDES shown at last fan fair.

Weapons
    Weapons will have multiple delays
    One Handed: 4 seconds and 6 seconds
    Two Handed: 6 seconds and 8 seconds
    Ranged: 7 seconds and 9 seconds
    Wands: 8 seconds
    Some weapons will break the mold (2 seconds)

Systematic Changes
    Current Spell Weapon Stats will be removed - Spell Weapon will now use melee stats
    One new stat will be added - "Spell Weapon Damage Bonus"
    Spell Weapons will have their damage reduced due to the influx of more stats modifying them
    Sorcerers and Summoners will have their base auto-attack multipliers adjusted to reflect the higher damage output of those classes relative to Enchanters and Priests

Unfortunately for enchanters, summoners and sorcerers are now the stars of the show in regards to mage auto attack damage. Our melee damage is only slightly higher with the 10 points in the enchanter tree giving us .030 base damage melee, the equivalent of 30WDB. Reflect = eclipse in regards to summoner sorcerer wand damage vs. Enchanter priest melee.
  7. Froakie Member

"Current Spell Weapon Stats will be removed - Spell Weapon will now use melee stats"

So does this mean that more of the dps stat will raise wand damage? And it will multi attack, flurry and also aoe attack?
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yes.
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

will say, you having similar WDB on your mages doesn't mean anything, now if they have similar SWDB, then that would make more sense.
  10. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Use melee auto attack if you're an enchanter.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

melee auto on a chanter would be near useless, unless maybe you are a coercer, and that's a big maybe.
    you will pull more dps from melee auto attack of course, but only in perfect scerinos, no jousting, no auto attack delays and no strange movements during the fights
  12. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

you don't know how to play an enchanter properly if you don't use melee auto.
  13. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I'm fine with that. Sacrificing an insignificant amount of potential DPS so that I don't have to even think about timing my auto attacks is worth it. I've spent enough time at a dummy and in raids to conclude that while melee is "better", like Ucala says, it only is so in favorable situations. Although I will concede it is a lot more useful in Wing 3 when you have to mez stuff. When the other enchanters in my guild start threatening to out-parse me, then I might consider cashing in on that potential.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I lol
    I have been competing with other chanters, both coercer's and illies in WW spots for quite some time now.
    once upon a time melee auto was the way to go, but that just isn't the case anymore. as I said before, it will pull you more damage, as it hits for basically the same as my wand does but it's delay (the weapons, before haste) is 6s where my wand is 8s. so it will do more, eventually.
    but like I said, that would require no jousting, perfect timing, and otherwise perfect conditions that well, just don't exist in most cases (we are talking about raid settings of course, I don't really care about 30s group zone fights)
  15. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

i haven't seen your parses on eq2 flames while i've posted some of mine already.
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

you need to stop, you are making me laugh too much.

but this isn't about "I'm better then you" type stuff. it's merely saying that melee auto attack just doesn't gain you more then range auto attack, the cons outwiegh the pros you could gain, range auto is the way to go
  17. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you that it does. But if you'd rather spread false information then be my guest.

Mediocre enchanters play with Spell Auto all the time. Yes there are encounters where you are forced to switch to Spell Auto, but the majority of the raid encounters in ToV you are able to melee auto consistently.

In Wing 3 of ToV i've been able to use melee auto in Every. Single. Fight. The only time i've switched to Spell Auto was on the Icy Prisons on Irdul due to the strategy we employ on that encounter.

In Wing 2 of ToV i use Spell Auto on Generals and Zlandicar until the burn phase. On every other fight i'm melee auto.

In Wing 1 of ToV i use melee auto on every single fight as well except for Kigara and Kelana.

You will see a huge boost in your personal DPS as an enchanter if you boost your melee stats and force melee auto. If you'd rather be lazy and do mediocre dps then be my guest. I'm doing over 5mil dps consistently on fights like Caden and Keplin. Take that info as you want. But facts are facts and you're just spreading false information due to your own personal laziness playing the class.
  18. Tren Member

I didn't know good players were required to put their parses on EQ2Flames just cause someone on a forum wanted to argue with them about how well they play their class...
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

in other words, you spend most of your time switching between autos, either melee or range.
    no reason to do that when you can just use 1. idk why you are making the class harder on yourself for this.
    there is no such thing as "melee stats" as all stats are the same now.
    AE auto is both range and melee, etc.

gratz on doing alot of dps on a straight burn fight my friend. you are truly a testament to the class.
    I am sure your parse from that one name in fabled Labs is crazy high as well
    in other news though
    range > melee
  20. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Never have I said that i spend most of my time switching auto. The only fight I ever switch to Spell Auto is Irdul of the Glacier like I mentioned if you bothered to read.

400k-500k extra dps on your crushing is a big deal, and even more if you have Uplifting Swings and Uplifting Criticals with Testament of Battle like I do. Getting those will increase your melee auto considerably.