Illusionist Raid DPS question

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tokyo-Shin, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Tokyo-Shin New Member

My wife used to play an Illusionist many years ago with me during KoS and EoF. She wants to come back with me and start again. Her question is:
    Do Illusionists still need to run their power down to under 30% (or whatever it is) to dish out good DPS? If not KoS is it EoF when they need to do this?

She really doesn't want to have to pay that much attention to the class this time as she has "been there done that" and would probably lean ore towards a Wiz or Warlock. Thanks in advance.
  2. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I remember way back in the day, Illusionists abilities use to power drain lol. If you're talking that far back, then those mechanics are gone, including needing to stay under 30% mana for dps. She'll have a more relaxed time on illy now.
  3. LawnIQ Member

Isnt that an AA line for Chanters? Are you saying that was removed and so on TLE they wont go through that or have it as an option?
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

The concern is that illusionist have to stay around or under 30% mana to effectively dps. Whether it was a part of the class or even from AA back then, I'm saying that mechanic no longer exists, period. You no longer have to worry about it.
  5. LawnIQ Member

No longer as in normal live server? Or are you saying that in TLE it doesn't exist either, even if the expansion is only at KoS and hasnt "officially" had been removed yet since they removed it at a much later expansion
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

That mechanic is extinct from all of Eq2.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

AAs on TLE are the same as the AAs on live, just not all of them are unlocked. TLE is not an earlier version of EQ2, it is just Live EQ2 with some crap turned off.
    Bekkr likes this.
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

But what he is saying is that mechanic was changed on LIve a long time ago. This mechanic is not present on live or any TLE content. There is no need to stay at 30% dps.
    To note, she will have a great time playing the Illusionist right now. With the introduction of a few AA's, the Illy is a lot of fun. So much that if you are trying to raid, good luck finding a raid spot because so many people are playing Summoner classes because pet classes have slight advantages right now over non pet classes with damage taken. An Assassin is a blast, but with so many 3 mob encounters, it's tough to stay alive with stuns/stifles. With you Illy, mezzing the encounter, hitting a few at a time from a distance with no stuns is pretty sweet. I think she would really like it.
  9. Kittik Well-Known Member

So what you're telling me is I need the newest version of EQ2?
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

There is no old version of EQ2. The patcher automatically patches you to the newest version, or you can't play.

Again, the illusionist damage with power thing does not exist anymore. You will have AAs and spell buffs that will increase damage, but negative power has no correlation. It's the opposite. The more power you have, the more spells you can cast.
    Dude likes this.
  11. DefeatedZ Member

Illusionist can do really good raid DPS if played right but against a good wiz or warlock, sorceror will always win.
  12. Xiao Member

People playing EQ2 in 2019 be like

13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well the casting speed (reuse recovery too i think) from perpetuallity and other aas in the agility branch are probably very good since current casting speeds are not very high.