Iksar in Gorowyn

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Sinn78, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Sinn78 New Member

Would an Iksar fit into Gorowyn as a starting city RP wise?
    Been reading up on lore and there is a lot to digest. Want to get into playing but don't want to make
    a RP goof before I do. I could roll with the punches either way but would like to know what kind of
    issues I could run into RP wise
    Just starting out in EQ2. Played EQ1 way back in the day

Thanks in advance
  2. Cuteypie Member

I'm glad you are interested in iksar, and in Gorowyn! Some of my favorite things from EQ2. If you like RP so much, please go to Antonia Bayle. I myself am from Permafrost, and we have a very small roleplaying community. AB is full of RPers, and very nice people who will help you have fun! But to the point...

Gorowyn is full of Gorwish Sarnaks, which are much different than the Di'Zok and other groups of Sarnak on mainland Kunark. Gorowyn is technically evil, but they are more of a studious and trading society, and they do have their tempers! My good guys can easily go to Gorowyn and use the bank and broker, and the guards don't attack anyone unless you attack them. Now, as an iksar, there may be quite a bit of prejudice against you, but they /probably/ won't kill you. ;-)

And the thing about RP is that it is very generous and flexible, but there are limits. I think it depends more on your Iksar as a person. Are you a warrior in the army? Are you a mercenary? A wandering bard? A sneaksy thief? A curious mage? A mysterious spy? A traveling salesman? A lot of these could work, but others could be harder. So first consider your class and personality, and then decide.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. The RP forum is quite quiet most of the time, but there are always willing souls who will guide you in Norrath. If you do go to AB, just ask in the Homeshow channel (/join antonia_bayle.homeshow in game command). Even though it is the decorator's community, they are all soooooo nice and many of them are in RP guilds on the RP server. I'm sure you'll find a home! And when you do get in, add Permafrost.Cuteypie as a friend on your friends list. I'm usually on at wacko times in the early morning and will help you in any way I can!

Good luck to you!