If you want to protest against the summoner nerf (see test update notes)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-prince_sd, May 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Shalwin Guest

This has nothing to do with PvP, solo, or group play. It's only being done because of raids. The people in raids are generally the ones running parsers on every aspect of the game, and also the ones that complain the most.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

First off to the PvP person~

For the last time all CA's and spells work differently in PvP then PvE. So quit comparing two things that are different. Plus LU24 is taking away many classes stuns and changing them to stifles. Therefor now you won't be stun locked and can cast, just not auto attack. (Like we auto attack...)
    Secondly for everyone protesting, you should really get more exposure to the current MMORPGs. Go play D&D Online, roll a Warforged and see how far you get! Or go roll a Mage in WoW and see if you do anything other then summon water come lvl 60! EQ2 has become a very well polished game and it keeps betting better as time goes along.
    Everyone who says that Summoners in general are not overpowered, you just can't play your class. When my wife and I see lone Summoners in dungeons only 2-3 lvls above that of my group soloing every named heroic with ease... Oh yeah that's balanced. When I go off and solo a group of 3-5 blue heroic mobs with ease just for fun, I can tell you we are overpowered. I have a a Necro and I love the class, but this change needs to happen. If you want to make up the difference of your pets go get some AA points! I see too many Necros with only 10-20 AAs. Go get all 50, plug them into your favorite style and get back in the game.
    Lastly for everyone enjoying the class, thank you! The people that have fun in game and stay positive are why this game is great. All the whiners and negative people need to go play an easy mode game. Go roll a Hunter in WoW and solo your whole life with ease. Heck go roll a Warlock, I'll even supply my talent spec and you'll be in the top 5 dmg dealers every raid. Or look back at how EQ2 used to be, I still recall the 600dmg rats in FG at lvl 15! Now anyone can solo. I see shamans soloing all the time, so don't tell me you as a Summoner with these changes won't be able to. Or that your playstyle will be so adversly effected that you need to quit. We just might not be able to solo all the named mobs in dungeons, oh darn. Everyone else, see you in game enjoying our class and our role in the game!
  3. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

Edit: They changed the stuns to dazed. Not stifle. :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Zald never met a nerf he didn't LOVE.

Just another way to demonstrate how pathetic we all are compared to him and his ultimately adaptabiliy... if you cant deal with it, then you just aren't Zald.

All hail Zald... the worlds BEST necromancer.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fleet Guest

Kharzek, ive been playing mmorpgs now for 7 years. From eq1-eq2, swg, wow, daoc and others so i dont need a lecture.
    As long as the other classes get nerfed that beat us necros hands down when it comes to dps then fine. And yes i know pvp and pve spells do different dmg but a class like a zerker / ranger / assassin who put out insane amounts of dmg in pvp do so in pve too.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

Well Fleet~
    Same deal, can you show the Parses where a competent Necro is always beaten hands down? Can you import the graphs from ACT? I'm guessing not, most don't even have a parser or those that do never use all the features. But it goes right back to what I was saying. Where is the proof? Just a lot of talk and poor me syndroms. Unless you can build some clout by posting proof then I just don't see your point of view.
  7. ARCHIVED-LiquidFlex Guest

This post seems to be bending more towards personal verbal attacks on one another rather than an actual discussion of the topic at hand.

Everyone is going to get their character class "altered" in some way or another. How many of you are going to put forth the same effort in defending or agreeing with other classes that get hit or get buffed?

It's just a game. Just consider it a challenge. It makes the game more interesting. Especially since alot of people seem to be "grinding" to 70 rather than actually enjoying the entire gaming experience. So ya, if you rush to 70, you are probably quite bored with your current "grind" in the game, or maybe you just hit a stalemate for the moment until the next release of new content. Who really knows what the "true" underlying reasons are that each individual has for accepting/rebutting a specific type of update.
    I'm not for saying that the so called "nerf" won't affect alot of people, but if you ever ONLY look at the negative aspects, then you will never really appreciate the rest of the effort of the game.

I'm not saying this to anyone specific, so please don't come back and start a verbal war with me. I'm not in anyway questioning anyone's personal playstyle, or experience in their gaming history. I'm sure we all have oodles amount of in-game time in a vast variety of games.
    All I can say is just enjoy it for what it is. And if you cannot, then I guess this post doesn't really apply to you... not that it really applies to anyone at all anyway. :)