If you want to protest against the summoner nerf (see test update notes)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-prince_sd, May 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

[IMG]

They might not listen to us but money talks. Hit them where it hurts them.

This will give them time till our subscriptions run out (2 weeks on average) to balance our class and not just nerf it. Or else suffer a huge dent in their income.

(You can always resubscribe if devs listen to us)

Edit: Don't forget to click where it says "i didn't like the recent changes to my class"
    Message Edited by prince_sd on 05-17-2006 06:48 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

THANK YOU LORD! This is reason enough to look forward to LU24!

Hey if you don't like the changes SoE is making, don't puss out and offer to come back. Be a man and walk away. Don't look back.

Congratulations on your decisiveness!
  3. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Oh so sweet. Did i make your day zald ?

What class did you play before lu13 zald ? Be a man and play that. We don't need no people just "trying" to be necros in this thread.
    Message Edited by prince_sd on 05-17-2006 07:31 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-raven098 Guest

I just installed a different MMO game last week due to frustration.
  5. ARCHIVED-ShadowDragon32 Guest

Im tired of the BS too to be honest. Its time for me to head on to something else. Me and my 2 sons are cancelling our accounts and spending time on another mmorpg. Its been nice chating with you all... GL
  6. ARCHIVED-Nagazch Guest

Me, my triblet brothers, my ol' granny and all 86 uncles are closing our accouts as well... Sime Online here we come !!1

Seriously tho, there are many foul advantages comming with LU#24

*** Sorting out the graveyard ***

- Whiners and ridiculous puny mortals now haunt other class communities or games

- 80% of all new classes made will no longer be Necromancers

- More master spells for me !!

- Halflings :smileymad:

- True necromancer fans will be easier to encouter

- CS freaks who think dps defines all classes have been greatly reduced in numbers

One small cryst for man, one giant tumor for the whole necromancer community...
  7. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Hehe, you're just so clueless. I started a necro when Frogloks came out, becasue I wanted a frog necro. I don't recall what LU that was, but I play a nec cuz I played one in EQ1 and like the premise. If anyone''s trying to be a necro its the one that needs to be ubber out of balance to get his rocks off. But hey, its time to PARTY!! :smileyvery-happy:

When's your last day! I don't want your stuff! Donate it to the real necro starters that actually want to learn to play the class after you're gone.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Protests achieve nothing. Go on test, submit feedback and they might change things or wait till live and feedback.
    Message Edited by Jalek on 05-18-2006 01:21 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

If the devs changing your class minutely gives you enough reason to throw a hissyfit and quit then I think its definately time you got out more and thus are doing the right course of action. Good luck.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khaos2000 Guest

I'll personally be happy if a lot of people quit Necro, it'll bring down the prices for my necro as demand will bottom out. That and I'll be more able to find groups hopefully. No longer having to be one of the dozen or so Necro's looking out there :)
    Seriously tho, if you think it's so game breaking these nerfs then please, he was right about one thing. Money talks to a corporation more than anything else. If you witch with a capital B but still pay them money, they are making money and will continue making changes like this.
    I end up having to solo a lot, and I dislike it, I much prefer grouping as it is supposed to be a social game. Do I have problems soloing? Nope, I can solo stuff three levels higher than me and efficiently so I can grind good xp, but that's boring as all heck to me.
  11. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Except money DOESN'T talk in this case.

Just look at SWG...
  12. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

QFE
  13. ARCHIVED-Kski93 Guest

I dont understand why your bashing on the guy for canceling his subscribtion. The guy seems tired of being the target of every [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing nerf for the past 10 Live updates. It's his was of trying to get SOE to take there heads out of there [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], it may not be the way you would go about getting the devs attention but at least he's doing something. I myself do not want to cancel my account ,but i am just as sick of this as him. I have to many friends in my guild and my guild needs me(only necro in the guild). You know whats funny even if us necro's find a way to adabt and put out close to the same numbers we were before, there gonna nerf us again. Personally I'm still going to be on the top of the dps list without my scout pet i've been using my mage pet for the past week while raiding putting out close to the same numbers I was before. It's never going to end until were putting out less dps then wizards in every area solo group and raid. Anyway give the guy a break were all tired to be honest. They just take take take take take, but give nothing back.
  14. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

hehe. i play a high lvl necro and wizard. i just got double shafted i think.
  15. ARCHIVED-chadawokie Guest

i spose theres one good thing coming out of this "Nerf" all the kiddy necros will either quit the game or re-roll anouther class....
  16. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

i think thats exactly the point. influx a massive number of people to a new "Super class" and then later on take the abilities that made them "Super" away so they can get a balanced number of classes in the game. i figure the templars or one of the other fighter classes will come up on the list soon.
  17. ARCHIVED-FTL Guest

I am not entirely sure of the amount of people playing eq2 now and i am also not entirely sure what the percentage is that are summoners or even what percentage of those that play summoners, post on these boards, but i think its not very high. Now we all know the devs read the boards (sometimes i bet they have a good laugh at some of the abuse they get if its originall) But lets be honest unless we see like the vast majority of summoners complaining then nothing will be changed. I for one dont mind to much if they feel they need to nerf us, i dont play this game to "power game" i get tied on raids when my pet on his own out dps's every other class, i think i can understand why other classes would be a bit pissed by that non stop, if it was us as necromancers out dps'ing everyone i could justify it alot more by saying "well no power=no dps, but when i myself is fairly low down the dps ladder but my pet is right at the top its a bit silly. Yes our pet is part of our class but if a class was meant to be t1 then fine, were/should necromancers be t1? i dont know, thats a discussion for another day, but as it stands soe have stated quite clearly that necromancers were not meant to be t1. Have soe screwed up with the way they made us? hell yeh, but it happens, can we do anything about it? not really, well as the person who created this post did was quit, thats everybodies right, we have the freedom of speach and we can do what we like (within the game rules)

The point to all of this is "Live and let live" if people want to quit, they quit, i hope they find what they are looking for in there next game, i for one dont care what soe throw at me, because even after the nerf i will still enjoy my class and a new style of play i will have to find to keep myself and others around me happy :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

You both need to get a grip. The past 10 LUs is a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] exageration. Since LU13, Summoners have been divine! HEHE, you admit you're not hurting for DPS at all, but then whine cuz SoE is putting things back in line... You worked for Enron didn't you! The only thing SoE takes is your $15-$24 a month, they give you a game to play for that month in return. If you don't like the game, you should just quit to.

This isn't bashing this is honest advice to someone that apparently doesn't realize the reality of the situation. You pay a monthly fee for access to this amuzment park. If the rides bore you, or you don't like the new policies being implemented, then just don't come back anymore. I guarantee Disney wouldn't let you stage a protest in the middle of their park!
  19. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

EQ2 is a disneyfied EQLive...oh did i say that outloud?
  20. ARCHIVED-Shipwreck_GPA Guest

Cool how the last Summoner DPS nerf isn't live yet and here comes another.
    Anyone know if Conjurers got the same treatment?