If you had 2 palladium clusters, which 2 spells from 20-29?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED--Baz_al-Boa-, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED--Baz_al-Boa- Guest

I have been unbelieveably lucky as far as rares go. I found a lapis, 3 sisals, 2 silvers, and, just today, 2 palladiums. I just hit 24 last night and was wondering which spells you would upgrade? Undying Adherent? Grim Spellbinder? ... or are there better ones from 25-29 that I should wait for? Any opinions would be good.

Blessings
    Baz
  2. ARCHIVED-Azerov Guest

I was also lucky (though not quite so lucky), and found a palladium cluster as the VERY first thing I harvested in nektulos forest, a while back. I waited til I reached level 24, and upgraded Undying Adherent to adept 3 (based on my experience with Tellurian Recruit). I've been very happy with him, and would do it again if I had the choice.

Grim Spellbinder I managed to pick up Master level 1 for 10 gold - it's a good pet and does good damage, but if you solo alot this isn't the pet for you unless you don't like to kill yellows and higher. I'm honestly not sure what spell I will upgrade if I find another palladium or a jasper - maybe the pet buff, maybe blight or grisly mark - lots of good choices really.
  3. ARCHIVED--Baz_al-Boa- Guest

Thanks for your response. How on earth do you get Master Spells? Is there a list anywhere of upcoming level advance spells? What is jasper? I'm new to the forums as you can tell.

Btw, I've been playing since the game released to public and I love it. I have never played any EQ genre before, but played other MMORPG's. I can say that the detail and level of sophistication here is just unreal. I love it and I love to play my necro. I have been pretty much solo for my entire career and do very well. I am the death leader of my smallish guild :D but I'm also the highest level at 24. I hope you all are having fun. I couldn't care less what others say about necro's as I see a lot of bashing here. Fact is that I am having fun.

oh well .... I'm off track. Thanks for your reply.
    Blessings,
    Baz
  4. ARCHIVED-Azerov Guest

From what I've seen (which is not alot), master level spells drop (rarely) from named boss mobs. Named mobs are mobs whose names are capitalised - usually easy to spot if you tab through monsters while running around. A friend checked the fence and saw Grim Spellbinder Master I for sale for 10g in Qeynos, so I quickly rolled a qeynos alt and ran him to the docks, and ran to give him 10 gold with my main account. :) Saved me the 4 gold broker fee.

I tend to search for 'master' on the broker and fence every time I'm there, in case something tasty pops up - that's the first one I've gotten though, they are very rare. Usually no more than 2-3 master spells up at any given time on my server.

Jasper is the other material for tier 3 that can be made into rare spells - full name is "Rough Jasper".

I'm loving my necro too, there are a few annoying bugs but nothing which keeps me from enjoying the game!

Osso
    26 Necromancer, 25 Woodworker
    Freeport, Mistmoore
  5. ARCHIVED-Mita'ku Guest

LOL that's the exact same thing I did for mine..although I was the one to check the guy :) but yeah I'm loving my master I spellbinder hehe. Looks cool too :)

-Mitaku

PS- also got the master lvl I for eh...gahh what is the name for that buff lol...the one with the 3 disks/shields that revolve around you after you cast it. Gah lol can't remember the name...anyways...adds 25 int when you cast it :) hehe I love it
    Message Edited by Mita'ku on 12-08-2004 08:17 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

That's earthly brand and I got one too from the stone giants outside of FG. The master spells drop from named bosses and very very very rarely from ordinary mobs.