if i play RP style wish RP flag to be visible above my toon

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

If i play RP style wish RP flag to be visible above my toon. Firstly so that i myself saw him above my toon - letters "RP" right after first and last name. Ts ideograph will remind me that i'm in my character that i have a certain in communications with this scenario of interrelations with other players (i forget about it) while i'm in game as RP. Secondly, so that these letters (RP) are seen by those around them, if they have it enabled as an option. Thirdly, in statistics of presence inside game, while i have RP flag, level of my toon must was also visible to others and was not hidden (hiding of level should be separate option, regardless of whether someone's toon is RP or not RP)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Whether you can see your own name etc. is controlled via Options >> User Interface >> Name and Chat Bubble >> Show Name for Self

At the moment, you can control whether or not you see Names, Titles and/or Guild Names.

I was thinking that the color of someone's name as displayed was a key to whether they were RP or Anonymous, but there doesn't seem to be a place to set those colors in Options, which would be a problem for color blind folks.
    WhysperWynde and Juraiya like this.
  3. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow Sigrdrifa thanks! I never knew you could set that .. seeing your name or not. Guess maybe I'll try it on a character .. or is it account wide Options? Or single character options? I'll have to go in and see about this. Very cool!

OK went into game and tried this and it is General Options - so you set it once for all of your characters. I like seeing my own character's name above them for the first time. My character's name is in Green lettering and doesn't change color no matter which personal option I pick .. RolePlaying,etc. The only change I see is when I check Looking For Work I get a green LW at end of name. Guild is listed in green right under your name like it is for other players.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

This is great because now it is very obvious to me which gals are in guilds and which still are not. Some of my newer gal pals aren't inna guild yet. I'd like to get them all in one. So now it's so easy for me to tell and correct situations.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Pikachuuu New Member

If a character is RPing, I believe their name turns purple.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK maybe I didn't try Role Playing Option long enough. Just flicked it on & off to see if color of my name changed which it didn't. Perhaps if I'd kept it and moved around a bit it've turned purple. So what exactly does Role Playing in Everquest II mean, anywayz? We are all playing a game to begin with so does it make much difference in gameplay when you parade as Role Playing? I don't really know anything about this although I've heard it mentioned forever of course.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Right. However when my toon is RP, when i play like RP, then he doesn't have this name color. Because i don't want level of my toon to be hidden from others at this time (once it was regard even as something indecent - to hide level own toon).
    i would like RP to look something like AFK, i.e. similarly set.
    When someone's toon AFK and runs, it looks strange. It's also strange if he is RP but color of character's name is different from purple (or it doesn't matter what, but just different color). Why should i be weird in this game? So other players don't know if i want to interact as an RP, because in no way do i want to do so that others don't know what level of my toon. Also, i can't find other players who associate themselves with their toons during game, because they too may not want to hide their toon level's from others. And those players who are now RP, but whose levels are hidden..

And their location is also hidden!!

How can this be compatible with very idea of ​​RP!? I don't understand.. How will those who want to have fun like RP find each other?? So - those whose levels are hidden - they are not like RP to me. And we don't interact.
    I hope what has been said here can was understood by those who rarely look here.
    hmm..
    perhaps should have written about this in "bugs" forum head?
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

explanation from Bhayar is quite satisfactory https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?posts/6602468/