Ideas to Improve the Rangers

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Edian, Nov 18, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Edian Guest

Well the only thing i really want tuant for is to pull agro off mages and healers when my shadowblade or other high dmg skills either A. didnt work to pull agro, or B. havent recharged yet. It would come in handy when you get adds onto an already larg group and 1 or even 2 tanks cant keep up with everything. And for those of you who are tanking as well as any tank you've seen..... I'd have to say you havent seen to many good tanks or that w/e race you're playing must be alot sterdier then the wood elfs (which isn't saying much i know) like a barbarian or somthing becuase when i get hit, it hurts pretty bad and i have some pretty nice equipment (not great but better then what your given to start out with) becuase even though i can dish out dmg. just as well (if not even better) when im tanking i cant take the dmg nearly as much as my friend who plays a Kerra Crusader (and hes usally about 2 lvls behind me)

Also thanks for turning this into a productive board where we dont just yell and scream at each other TOO much :) never wanted it to be that, just a board where would could talk aobut what we think of our favorite class. :smileyhappy:

One more thing, does anyone know if the other pets we get like the lion do anything or if they are just fluff as well. I mean a lion that just sits there seems.... well weird. Infact i'd call him a Pus Pus (bleeped out what i had before :smileysad: it wasnt bad......
    Message Edited by Edian on 11-23-2004 09:32 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

edian:

it would be nice to have taunt, but I really think that would sort of unbalance the game. One thing you can try when a MOB gets on a caster is hit it with Cheapshot, that will buy about 2 - 4 seconds. Additionally, any good warrior knows about "shout" and should be employing it almost as regularly as they do "taunt"

but yes, I feel your pain, I just don't think we should be able to do that much, it would unbalance things. and I understand what you're saying -- it wouldn't unbalance things because we really can't tank ANYWAY, but I disagree a little bit, I think it would still alter the gameplay too much. make things a little too easy. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Blondebeard Guest

with the damage increase from tin to carbonite arrows, I'd just like to be able to get some of the top quality arrows for xp usage... right now i cant afford to, but hopefully people start selling them cheaper than the merchants. tin to carbonite about trippled my bow specials, if not quadrouple.