Ideas for new Chrono Event Portals

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Meirril, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some new portals for the EQ1 anniversary event. So here are a few ideas based on existing zone.

The easiest to pull off would be a Chronoportal to the Warrens. Place the portal in either Odus zone and reuse the map for either Splitpaw, or the tunnel section of Stormhold. Populate with Kobolds, and put in a section where it dips into the water to face the Muggawhump! I kinda miss that guy.

More ambitious would be to do some of the Planes from EQ1's Velious expansion as Chronoportals. Plop a portal in the Waking Lands behind Kael where the Tree of Growth use to be and visit Tunare's plane of Growth. Fortunately all the mobs that were on the plane now exist in EQ2, but you'd need to recreate the Tree a bit. Maybe instead of killing Tunare you have an opportunity to wipe a raid? For a reward a Nature's Defender seems appropriate.

Once the Temple of Veeshan is available as a zone, I'd love to see a Chronoportal to the Plane of Mischief. Maybe the Unrest map could be modified to represent the PoM? Preferably the art team would actually make a map for this one. Maybe a simplified version of the building, or just include the grounds and block access to the building off. Hopefully for a reward a set of the deity puppets could be given. Give the puppets a custom dance emote, with an option to make all of the puppets in the same house dance.

One last Chronoportal idea. How about Velk's Laboratory? Map shouldn't be any problem. Actually facing Velks instead of just looking at him as a fresco would be nice.
    Cyliena likes this.
  2. Emissary Vex Active Member

I tried to think of some and then I realized just how hard it is. Especially logistically trying to think of an instance that could be used and mobs that they didn't already carry over in EQ2.

I like your idea for the Warrens, I hope it drops that green wicker armor. But if they are going to do Velious instances I hope they do some progression first and do Kunark first.
  3. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I would like to see an instance if the East Commonlands tunnel, in which people are selling FBRs and Mino Axes, and you have defend them all from a train if Sgt. Slate, black wolves, and decaying skeletons that drop cracked staves. Oh, and then a level 110x4 aggro griffin spawns and roams the zone.
  4. Epixz Member

dat freacking named griffin in ECL, i swear this thing was manned by a GM he would always appear at the worst moment and force you to a corpse run.
    I d love a desert instant with pansy the bard, GOGOGO GOODGUY TEAM
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

I want to see Plane of Mischief....
    Kisy and Cyliena like this.
  6. Lemont New Member

"Wts bag of bone chips by the second torch pst"