Idea for wearable crafted stuff

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace, Jul 9, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]How about if you are lucky enough to get a rare tradeskill event such as "armourer's insight" or "flawless cuts" while making an item, the item gets tagged with the same durability as HQ items and given "Durable" tag.[/p][p]Such that instead of losing 10% per death it only loses 5%?[/p][p]I think it would be random enough to not flood the market and give a little "pep" to those items you are crafting.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

I'd rather the ability to make higher quality items were a matter of skill not luck.
  3. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]If flawless cuts and armourer's insight etc have always been random anyway, why would it be a factor of skill? [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    He's saying they are luck and he'd rather skill determine the better quality, not luck. I, too, would rather have -skill- not luck be an influence into how good my stuff is. Besides, having an extra durable whatsis would require an additional set of that armor to be in the database. If it was a rare rare occurance like the special crafting events (I've gotten them less than a half dozen times on all my characters combined even with the many many many hours I've crafted), it would be a rare rare item. Having those take up data base space that could be used for that many additional recipes instead would be.. well.. wasteful.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raveller Guest

There's no skill involved in any of this. It's just repetition. Repeat the process often enough and your crafting level advances so that you can scribe new recipes, so that you can continue to repeat the process, so that your crafting level advances, so that you can scribe new recipes, so that that you can continue to repeat the process, so that your crafting level advances, so that you can scribe new recipes, until you reach the level cap and have scribed all the recipes for your trade so that you can then, well, not have to repeat the process. Until the level cap gets raised. Then you can do it again.
  6. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]Well, I'd rather have additional rare items in the database than more cookie cutter dross that we currently make. Currently weapons and armour are so mind manglingly boring. Wouldnt it be nice to see some "moment of insight" see you produce the paragon of your trade every once in a while? Never knowing when or if it might happen makes crafting a little less erm...staid.[/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]Oh and I agree with raveller. There is no skill involved at all. Once I found that I could keep the top dura bar over the 50% mark through the crafting process guarantees a pristine without fail every time I craft, I've never produced anything but pristine since the month after I started playing the game. Unless I'm an artisan obviously since that IS pure luck.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote:
    Learning how to keep your durability up is learning a skill, though a simple one. But character skill as measured by level and the craft skill are major factors. I not want to randomly get better stuff when crafting. The best possible result should be to achieve what you are attempting to achieve, maybe a bit quicker, maybe using fewer resources. Getting something other than what you are attempting makes no roleplaying sense for a crafter. If you want to make the process more interesting by adding more random events they should be ones that cause difficulties, since it is currently so easy. Such as an event that is more frequent than the insight one which causes a loss of 25% of durability if not countered.
  9. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[p]I think if you dont randomly gain better stuff from crafting then Sony should remove both the "flawless..." events and the "....insight" events from tradeskilling since both are entirely random and both allow you to make a better item.[/p][p]That would mean nothing interesting ever happens when tradeskilling, like working in a factory. No thanks...tradeskilling is mind numbing enough already without removing all elements of lady luck from the equation.[/p][p]I have several crafters and to me, Pristine is the minimum and maximum of what we can make. There's nothing better and anything worse is a sign of falling asleep at the keyboard, server downtime or that annoying phone call from your mother-in-law. Indeed some recipes have even dispensed with the pretense of "pristine" and just have the same quality all the way up...Handcrafted is practice stuff (pls dont put these on broker and embarrass us!) Mastercrafted is, in fact, the minimum and maximum again. [/p][p]I want to craft something special once in a while. If the system isnt flexible enough to enable that then let some random element do it instead. [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Guy De Alsace wrote: