Idea - 100m Status Relics Resellable For Some Status Back

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Regolas, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

I would love it if the 100m relic items we can get could be sold to a merchant for a partial refund when it's no longer needed, and here's why:

I'm about to reach 100m status on my character. I've played regularly for 6 years but never chased status until ToT.

I started ToT with under 50m status.

If you look at the heroic missions, they reward 40k status. You would need to run 25 to get 1m status. So 2500 missions to get 100m if you're a newish character and start from scratch.

As we're capped at around half that number of missions every 24 hrs, you'd take a minimum of 200 days if you just ran heroic missions all day every day.

Or you can grind writs, at up to 31k per rush order. This is over 3000 rush orders, which will take you over 150 continuous hours grinding rush orders every 3 mins. Bizarrely this is actually the quickest route as there's no daily cap and in theory you can grind around 10k per minute,although no one can sustain it.

Obviously you halve the time of these with double status, but even then it's a long time and double status events don't last very long. Certainly not 100 continuous days needed to get the status through heroic missions.

TL/DR

It takesa long *** time to get 100m status. I don't want to loose it all a few months later when new gear is released that replaces my 100m status item. Please allow me to sell it on for a partial refund - 50% or more would be nice.
    Deveryn and Azian like this.
  2. Amaitae Active Member

Imo you showed every reason not to allow sell back for status, because it would result in less time investment/involvement in the game/requirement to maintain subscription/$$$
  3. Enoa Member

They should up the status rewards for heroic / heroic event missions. Right now the most efficient way (at least non tradeskill way) to grind status is advanced solo's.

This is an MMO. Grouping should give much better status than solo content imo.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Daman New Member

With status being such a valuable currency, grats tradeskill bots on all your new awesome gear!
  5. Twofeets Active Member

And then there's the issue of status not being 'heirloom'. Ive played since launch, but due to guild needs, populations, etc Ive had to switch mains several times over the years. Consequently I have several toons with 30-40mil status but none near 100 mil on their own.

Even now, with the extremely low population on Splitpaw if I try to just look for a group with one toon it can take hours, so even now I am forced to swap to whatevers needed if I want to group.
    Regolas likes this.
  6. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I would be all for status being account-wide.
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

why are bots allowed, no wonder db removed them for guild progression. what a shame this has been taken away from the rest of us with guild struggle (small) guilds in particular. Bots should be a bannable offense if it not already.exploits only hurt the game and other players.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Is over 3 months of running every heroic zone every day not enough time investment?

Or 150 hours of writs?

Expecting people to basically play as if it was a full time job for 3 months in order to grind enough status (if they are a newly made toon rather than a 10+ year vet) is a little ridiculous imo for an item that looses all of its use when new content is released.

If it was like a mythical buff (epic reprecussions), then that'd be different. But for stuff that only has a life expectancy of the current xpac, it seems poorly thought out.
  9. sycla Active Member

The idea of this status to buy bis items is just a way of making people buy the merc crates(resell for status) so they will never change it back.
    Its more pay to win than it ever was..buy kronos with $ to plat infuse gear to uber levels and buy status with DBC. I dont like the way this is headed.
  10. Amaitae Active Member

it's the way to keep players busy while bugs are getting crafted to stretch the expectancy of the game and heroically putting a patch note out once a week to prove the bugs are dealt with while old content gets recycled semiannual. There's no sign of change.this product is so sucked dry that it's rather put on life support then invested into. By trend this type of game management can be expected until 'the end' whenever it will come.
  11. Amaitae Active Member

Also the amount of suggestions being made vs those taken into account reminded me of getting players involved into the game development somehow in order to improve overall quality and content generation.