Ice Comet V Does Not Update Eci's Damage

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Xellium, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Xellium Active Member

So, I just came back to the game... I last played during ToV.
    I see that Ice Comet gets an upgrade from IV to V and I was pretty exited about it.
    I splurged and bought the master right away, only to find that Eci's damage did not change... What gives?

Eci's description says it derives its damage from Ice Comet.
    I would think that the highest version and highest damage would set Eci's base damage, but this is not the case.
    I'm pretty sure that when I upgraded to Ice Comet IV from III back in the day that Eci's increased.

So what's the deal?
  2. Simien Active Member

It is an AA. The description says nothing about being derived from ice comet, says its a replacement.
  3. Xellium Active Member

If its a replacement then it should replace the highest level and damage version, which it doesn't.
    It shares a reuse timer so that makes sense that it would, but it doesn't.

Seems like a problem to me...
  4. Simien Active Member

It is functioning as intended. It is an AA with aoe damage. It only shares a reuse timer with ice comet. The damage of ice comet has never been related to the aoe dmg of eci's. Works how it always has.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

Should work the same as other classes that get Prestige replacements. They're not inherently better in all situations, just different. So, they might have lower damage, but some other effect (in this case AE). Their damage (or healing, etc) is also independent of your spell level, so is not decreased if you don't have Master/Grandmaster (similarly not increased if you do). However, their power is usually on par (taking into account extra bonuses the spell might provide) with Master/Grandmaster of the spell they "replace."
  6. Uncle Active Member

iirc prestige replacements like e'ci should already at the GM level and are not modified by the ability they replace. if you feel the damage is too low or what not then /bug /feed it back on the bug tracker site might get fixed in 12903871290837129038 days from now
  7. Xellium Active Member

Well if it would be addressed that quickly I better get on it.

It's kind of strange that Eci's benefits from other AAs that boost Ice Comet damage, share a reuse with Ice Comet, but are not influenced by Ice Comet's level or damage. I guess it is what it is.
    I shouldn't have wasted the plat on the Master... now I know.
  8. Simien Active Member

Are you just making stuff up? The only AA that boosts Ice Comet damage is Enhance: Ice Comet in the Wizard tree and it ONLY boosts Ice Comet. Did I miss some secret Eci damage boosting AA? Just read the tips and descriptions on the spells and AA's man, they will tell you everything. Best of luck to you.
  9. Xellium Active Member

I'm not making anything up, just going from memory.

AA that effect Ice Comet and Eci;
    Enhance: Ice Comet
    Sorcery Mastery
    Critical Mastery
    Focus: Ice Comet (Damage)
    Focus: Ice Comet (Reuse)

Every Wizard takes these AA and Focuses, yet I would wager none actually have Ice Comet on their hot bar.
    They take them because these all effect Ice Comet and Eci's, otherwise they wouldn't waste the points on them.

So... No one actually uses Ice Comet, but everyone takes the Ice copmet enhancing AAs...
    Why do they do that? Because they effect Eci's which obviously every wizard uses.

So aw I said above "It's kind of strange that Eci's benefits from other AAs that boost Ice Comet damage, share a reuse with Ice Comet, but are not influenced by Ice Comet's level or damage. I guess it is what it is."
  10. SacDaddy420 Active Member

eci has never had its damage based off ice comet. IC on a single target actually hits a little harder. But no one uses it cuz its not insta cast ~150 inc's and it wont reset Fusion.
  11. Simien Active Member

"AA that effect Ice Comet and Eci;
    Sorcery Mastery
    Critical Mastery
    Focus: Ice Comet (Damage)
    Focus: Ice Comet (Reuse)"

Wrong. NONE of these say ANYTHING about affecting Eci's. Enhance (ice comet only) Sorcery Mastery (Ice comet only,wizards) Critical Mastery is an increase for ALL spells, Focus are not AA's they are class focus but you listed em, still they are ice comet ONLY. Like I said earlier...read what each of these do, none of them mention Eci's because they are for IC ONLY.
  12. Xellium Active Member

Ok my mistake on Critical Mastery, you got me.

I just looked at your wizard, you (like every other wizard in the world) take;

Sorcery Mastery
    Focus: Ice Comet (Damage) I understand this is not an AA
    Focus: Ice Comet (Reuse) I understand this is not an AA

Why are we all wasting points on these if they do not effect our gameplay.
    No one has Ice Comet on their hot bars?

I always assumed people like Daray, Sacdaddy, and Koncept did the appropriate testing so I just followed their lead.
    But if what your saying is true that we are all, including you, wasting our points.

Sacdaddy, Simien, what do you think of all this?
  13. Simien Active Member

Well I have never heard of Daray, Sacdaddy or Koncept so.....Hahah kidding of course. Well, good point. Focus: Ice Comet also gives increased INT, STA, Health, Power, in combat regen and resists. So where else would you use those points? As far as Sorcery Mastery...yea I get it, I don't really use IC..at least not much. Where do you put those 5 points? Maybe Enhance Flames...I don't know.
  14. Xellium Active Member

Did some testing last night.
    Sorcery Mastery in creases Eci's tooltip damage by 0.5% which makes no sense.
    I cant tell if the crit bonus modifier works unless I do a crap load of testing which I don't have time for.
    I'm assuming nothing modifies Eci's and were all ******** for choosing AAs that modify Ice Comet when clearly none of us use that spell.