IC/OOC The Norrathian Book Revival!

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by r1princess, May 20, 2013.

1. r1princess New Member

(The following letter is for both IC and OOC purposes; as the reader sees fit. The short story here is that we are seeking to revive writing in game through player-written books, to encourage both new and old players to enjoy the rich lore that is founded in game, or provided by the players themselves. This naturally, requires this wallflower to speak with the public (which is nerve wracking!) for your assistance during this undertaking. I am seeking to purchase any and all books available. Books that are rare, OOP, LoN, etc. are also on the list I am hunting down (i.e. Player written books by players that are no longer playing, Loresinger's Limericks, Riddlemaster's Tome, Frostfell Carols, LoN art books, various scrolls and/or deeds, Bert's Big Book, Book of Hate, Seeress' Books, and OF COURSE... books written by YOU on ANY topic!) We are also seeking rare paintings and statues (i.e. Japan Relief SC items and LoN items, etc.) for display in the museum.

If you can help, or lead us to someone that might be able to? Contact Xyri, Anislyn, or Dudre on Antonia Bayle.

Thank you in advance for reading this!)

The Norrathian Book Revival is currently working on its Player Written Compendium for our library. You are being contacted due to having written prior known works, possibly being an author, or an IC/OOC contributor for the history section on AB lore.

If you are not adverse to being placed on the list of contributors, we ask to obtain one copy for the library and the permission for other players to contact you if they are interested in copies of your works. We are interested in any and all titles, past and present, player written or otherwise, IC or OOC.

We are more than willing to provide the blanks, or pony up the coin for those of you willing to liquidate any portion of your collection (any books meet this requirement: PW, LoN, Quested, etc.)

Thank you in advance for your time, possible contribution, and any recommendations you can offer.
    ~NBR
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

I'm not certain if there are specific player written books you seek, or if it is just any. I have a small library of character stories written by the old guild Knights of Reverence. It was an attempt by me, years ago to start a library written by the individuals who made up the RP section of that guild. There may even be a few written by either the Vagabond Knights or the Vermin crew though, admittedly, I've not looked at them in long enough that I do not know what I possess. If you are interested in them let me know and I'll contact you in game.
    r1princess likes this.
  3. r1princess New Member

I am very interested in such pieces my friend! I have an appointment to make for work this morning, but once I am out and back in the comfortable walls of my home (I must have been a Tonga in a past life!) I will be online.
  4. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

I was wondering if you are also interested in transcribed books of lore from EQ Live? These are official lore books from inside EQ Live that have had the text copied and then transcribed into a player made book inside EQ2.
  5. r1princess New Member

Absolutely! I think that would be a wonderful addition to the growing library! :)