I WANT TO PLAY MY GUARDIAN

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ozzello, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Ozzello Member

Single target good DPS, and a full time death save ( like EVERY OTHER CLASS)

We should have MORE DPS than a Zerker on a single target , we should be VERY good tank as MT in a raid.

DPS and a death save, the rest is just stupid details, get us off the short bus.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Guardians were designed right from the very concept of this game to be all defense and little offense. Berzerkers are supposed to be flailing maniacs in battle, killing everything they see. Why do you think guardians should be doing more DPS with a shield than a bloodthirsty maniac with two axes?
    docdante likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea , I love guardians in group or raid , people should stop asking for stuff that is not that classes talent .
    Guardians are true tanks , lot's of health , good agro , standing there like a rock in the turbulent ocean .
    Most of my guilds I was in had a guardian as main tank , and the others could just not find one ha ha ha .
    Miauler and Breanna like this.
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Not really what the OP is getting at.

Guards aren't anywhere close to what they were before. They're not the most defensive tank, they don't have the best agro, and nobody really wants one for their MT unless they're ignorant about how mechanics work in 2021.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

O well for my excuse , you could say I live in the past on a TLE server .
    Breanna and Priority like this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Since every single class is chose for the dps or dps buff they can bring in a group... Ye guardian IS now far behind unfortunetly
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Could not care less about guardian dps. If I want to dps I should roll a dps class. I am very happy to be at the bottom of the parse table as long as I am able to hold aggro like no other tank class on a single target. They could've bumped our passive hate generation to make up for the loss of dps and I would've be fine with that.

The sole reason you want dps on the guard is to hold aggro because dps=hate and guards are at the lowest end of that ladder. Now our much vaunted defensively capability also got canned. So what we have here is a tank class which cannot dps, cannot generate sufficient hate on their own, have the lowest hitting combat arts of any tank class, does not bring anything useful to the group or raid as the "defensive" utility has been thrown out of the window since developers cannot create content to make use of it and we fall down like a ton of bricks when facing surge damage.

We have never ever asked for other tank classes to be nerfed so we can feel better about ourselves. We want balance among all tank classes so every tank can bring something unique to the table. Guards in their current form simply do not have anything that stands out.
    Priority likes this.
  8. Miauler Active Member

Whenever I'm on heals, and a guardian steps into the group, my heal parse drops significantly.
    On the occasional time that things have been very light on player numbers/available classes, I've even managed to raid heal on a Beastlord with a Guardian in Tank slot (not Raid MT, but an off group). I can't manage that with any other tank class so far, so I tend to consider that pretty impressive.
    But yes, it would be nice for a little TLC to be shown to the more subtle classes that really do concentrate on subtlety rather than trying to climb a parse table.

Interestingly, they balance is fairly good on EQ1 (though there, mitigation and avoidance are key to surviving long enough to actually do anything, rather than EQ2, which defence seems to be an afterthought, and the tactic always comes back to "Do more DPS so you don't have to do any of the work you should be doing.").