I Tried

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Almee, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I tried to rejoin Test with a newly leveled 110 defiler but kept getting killed with the first set of yard trash in the 120 prequel quest. Apparently it isn't any easier to get through the vault, today, then it was when BoL was first released unless you are raid geared. I even asked for help but I guess everyone was busy or maybe no one else was on. Oh well, I tried.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Test has a small, but very good base of players - discord channel test is also a good way to reach folks.
  3. Armament New Member

Can I get a link to EQ2 official discord server ?
  4. Jinksie Well-Known Member

5. Suzeta Member

hmm, i dont recall that quest? but I/WE can DEFINITELY get you thru a prelude quest,, just DM/ ingame mail me or any of the regulars here :)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We also have the Test.Test sort of Chat Channel pipeline as well as Discord... ;->

One thing might be that even with the 110 gear "looted" from the provided chest, is that there seem to be, much like level 100, a "level 110" and a "level 110," where the first "half" of level 110 you can sail through, but the second "half" will hand you your tail on numerous occasions, or at the very least, seem impossible to damage, and nearly impossible to tell which is which until too late. My suggestion could be to Auto-Mentor down to 105, if that won't put the 110s way above your pay scale, as it were. :-/

Barring that, yeah, group with people who know it. :)

Uwk
    who still doesn't have Reign of Shadows yet...
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Elhaeladan New Member

My first character on the Test Server was interesting to say the least. Decided to use the Level 110 adventure/TS boosting.

Those 110 quest lines was nearly impossible to completing so did some research and talking and found that normally when a player hits 100 they do Planes of Magic which is a major requirement needed before one hits 110.

You get more powerful spells and abilities for your class when you complete those quest lines in Planes of Magic, those spells and abilities will help you navigate and complete those very difficult 110-120 quests.

Rolled a new character a Shadow Knight, destroyed my adventure level 110 boost and only boosted my TS to 110.

My suggestion to you would be Mentor Down to 105 (your xp will scale down). Depending on what your class is, get a merc. If your class is a TANK/DPS get the Elf Warden at the Pub in Kelethin (if your Freeport Faction, just do not go near the Royal Guards and you will not get killed). If your a Healer Class, get the Paladin/Shadow Knight for your faction. And start training them. Your mercs can be outfitted with any of those 110 gear from the Blinding or the Library. My advice is to use the gear from the Blinding. Your TS can be 110 as well, it does not matter what profession you have. Do make sure you invested skill points into RARES and FAST harvesting and have access to the Harvesting Goblin and get a bag 46 slot recommended for Harvest Only. (Set your goblin to harvest level 100-109). Some rares will not be harvested by the Goblin, you have to harvest them in Planes of Magic, they will be in your Quest Area.

Go to the Planes of Magic zone. There is a NPC not far from the spawn point. Take his Quests. The quests from the NPC there is sort of like a Introduction to the Epic Quest Lines that will be required to get those special spells and abilities. (someone should write a guide for the new folks). Speaking of gear for yourself and merc, you have the option of using the level 100 gear from the crate or 110 gear. The Blinding Crate in the Blinding is highly suggested for a newly boosted character.

Google is your friend, you can find a lot of information just by researching things or chatting in game with those who been through it before. (have not done it but have done the research and chatting with guildmates).

Good Luck and Happy Questing :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

I have the 110 gear but that doesn't help with all the journeyman spells which is the real problem. I also didn't see the notice that the buff, from PoM, was applied to my character like it was on the Live servers. And doing the PoM quests, which I have done umpteen times on Live, isn't going to help with testing 120 content which makes playing on Test pretty useless as I can already test Live content with my many 120's. The idea was to try and test content before it went live. So if anyone has a 120 character, that can breeze through the vault and is willing to help, please let me know. Or if one class is more successful than other newly buffed 110's let me know as I have all the classes on Test.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

Geez. It's just one thing after another. The harvest depot, in Beajay's Felwithe trade house went poof, and the rent on our guild house can't be paid because we can't get in to add status. Apparently there is no way to add status from the outside. What a mess.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

Got guild house rent paid but harvest depot is still MIA. I tried to move it and it disappeared. It isn't anywhere I can see and it isn't in the moving box. I can still draw from the depot but can't add to it and I can't replace it with another depot.

I had another weird thing happen. I got Bhoohghar on 3 characters, today, with no problems. After that, the game required me to pay real money to use the merc with each character left on the account. It is a subbed account so that's not the issue. But even though I just got him, and was standing next to his spot, it wouldn't allow me to enable him without paying.

It is really sad to think DB is now charging players to be able to use mercs we paid extra for with the xpacs. That's $9 extra for the mercs just on Test for the one account. I'm starting to remember why I left test after 10 years on the server.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Most of the things you've just complained about are not inherent problems with the Test server, they could happen just the same in any live server.

If you can't see your depot find it from the house item list and try moving it from there, although if it's managed to get itself placed outside the boundaries of the building/room you may have trouble manipulating it back into a position where you can place it down again. In that case you may have to rescue it by editting your layout file.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I tied to get the harvest depot from the house item list and it wouldn't retrieve it or move it. I have no idea how to edit a layout file. And I agree that the problems aren't limited to the Test server except maybe having to pay for the merc. I've never had to do that before on live servers so I don't know how widespread it is. I'm just glad it didn't happen before I got the merc for the 100+ other characters I have.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me, I've never used mercs, though I finally unlocked the feature just so I could torture Qho as an adult, and maybe his li'l annoyance buddy Raffik. ;->

You don't need JesDyr's fancy thing just for this; you don't need even Sennen's OpenSource layout editor to edit a layout file, you can use even Notepad. What you do need, perhaps unfortunately for some folks, is an understanding of what the numbers mean. The only ones you really need to focus on in this case, though, are the three coordinate numbers, like the ones in your in-game compass: the digits before and two numbers after the decimal point:

123.45, 6.78, 910.111

(Sadly, in all the various file editors, even Notepad, the numbers after the decimal point aren't nice and small; they're usually up to 8 digits:

123.45678910, 6.78910111, 910.11121314

but you can narrow them down to something more sane and easier to follow. The computer won't mind for something like this.)

The first number says how far East or West something is; the second, how far up or down, and the third, how far North or South it is. What I would recommend is go into something no-frills like Notepad, then look at your in-game compass and find out where you're actually standing at the moment, and change the depot coordinate numbers to match yours, maybe even a full 1.00 up from whatever surface you're standing on. Then step back and make sure you don't wind up embedded in that spot. :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

It's really odd that the game (server does not matter, this isn't a Test issue) would ask you to pay 9 dollars for mercs, unless you tried it on account that never had mercenaries access, might wanna check that again.
    If you're sure that particular account has Mercenaries as a valid feature (and you can check by typing in game /show_account_features) then definitely fill up petition
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

It actually came to more than $9 as each merc costs about $1.50+/- to be able to hire anywhere. I have 9 characters, on that account, so it was 9 x $1.5 or around $13.50. I didn't want to hire Bhoohghar anywhere, when I got him. Usually you get the merc and can use it until it dies and then you have to go back to its spawn point and rehire it. But, today, I hired him, and in order to actually use him, I had to hire him anywhere as he was restricted even though I was at his spawn spot. I got him on all the characters on two other accounts, before the down time, without having to hire him anywhere on Test.

All of my accounts have mercs so that isn't the issue. It just ticked me off that I had to hire Bhoohghar for all my characters, on my third account, instead of the few doing the overseer quests. It is Tarsil that I want to be able to hire anywhere but I've got to get at least one character through the access quest first and I have no idea which class will be able to solo the zone. I'm not even sure any of my characters can solo the zone with journeyman spells.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure why they make anyone spend real money on hiring someone we were supposed to get FOR FREE when we got the CE version of the expac... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

I have no idea what file you are talking about. I checked my directory and found a folder for layouts but nothing in the folder makes any sense to me. I think you are referring to a saved layout file and unfortunately it doesn't look like I saved the layout. I've never had a depot go poof before so this is a new one on me.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, if the depot does still exist, you can save the layout of even a Guild Hall, then go to the Notepad link and see the instructions there. I think Mistal (and y'r humble, obedient kitteh ;->) did a fairly decent job of explaining it. :)

(At least, that's the hope...)

To see the in-game compass (an invaluable tool! :D), hit Alt+n.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I got through the access quest on my sk and she's now 120. It helped going into the right dungeon. I guess my head is still messed up from my hospital stay because I could have sworn I had to go through the heroic dungeon on the live servers. Fortunately, a player set me straight and helped me get my character through.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Uwk