I see the devs posting in a lot of class forums can we please hav an answer about our seal line?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Raxe Slade, Nov 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nere Guest

Press your head to the monitor, maybe you can somehow absorb this through osmosis. The spell does not work. If you were a warlock and if you had ever cast the frickin spell maybe you would have something to contribute here. Since you are neither, the only reason I can find for you trolling here is jealousy. Go work out your problems elsewhere please. There is a wizard forum for you to cry in.
  2. ARCHIVED-tiki-jiki Guest

As a Warlock, i dont see why we are griping. I dont have a lot of uber items, but when im level 60 ill have close to a 400 int. I dont need 50 more, which i can probably get by grouping with another buffer. The seal line gives us something unique and i for one am happy we have it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Moonspark Guest

rofl
    You won't have 400 int self buffed with non-uber items
  4. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

tested out tonight. with seal of ebon on (adept 1) i got about 5x the fizzles per hour than with vivid seal.
    However, it was only on specific spells. netherous realm adept 3, corrupt gift adept 3, and Ghastly Contract, adept 1

other than that, there was no beneficial effects noted throughout the evening when i applied it.
    There was no noticeable increase in parsed dps for me, or the rest of the group. My dps was lower with the buff on- attributable to the increased fizzle rates on gift, and netherous realm, as well as the lower int.
    Group consisted of 60 zerker, 59 bruiser, 55 Troub, 60 defiler, 57 fury, and 60 warlock. at one point, we had a 60 conj instead of the bruiser.
    we were in poets palace, ancients table, coin instance, and shai'ir ring event- so this did get tested on upper tier mobs, mostly yellow to orange, at endgame content levels. I was running about 405 int when ebon seal was on, 418 when seal was on.
    without ebon seal, i have 303 disruption, 300ord 287 min, 302 subj solo. Add 19 when buffed.
    By all rights according to lockeyes confirmation of its intended purpose, my results should have been just the opposite tonight. But i'm telling you, it wasnt the case.
  5. ARCHIVED-Moonspark Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

There are tons of treasured quest rewards that give a lot of int, plus if you get some legendary vl armor you'll get a lot as well. Reaching the cap is easy.
    At least i dont hope you think rare crafted is uber.

Neither of these buffs is more usefull than the other. The str buff is rather useless, though it makes me carry more i guess...
    Personally i'd rather have more disruption since i always raid and in raids i have 550+ int, which makes my own buff useless. Well i dont really care either way. If any of you is clueless enough to think (lacking) any of these buffs is breaking your class, then whine on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

My point isn't moot. He tested a spell to see how much of a difference it would make in a situation that didn't reflect actual game play. What good is know that you can get up to 45% more spells landing on a mob that is 8 levels higher then you providing that the mob can't ever hit you?

All that does it make it seem like 45% is alot. Even if this was a spell designed for raids, a level 50 tank isn't going to last long against a level 50 raid mob. So gain, this spell isn't even very situational.

Oh and first it was, he must of had a tank, now you say, he doesn't really need to test in real conditions. Since you are changing your idea of how he tested, I guess you don't really know what your talking about.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

Since you only need to test how spells land it doesnt matter at all how he tested it. Whether he had a tank and healer like in a normal group or permarooted the mob with some dev trick is exactly the same. The only problem you could have with that test is that he only casted 50 times.
  9. ARCHIVED-Straylight Guest

**REMOVED INAPPROPRIATE POST**

Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 11-08-2005 10:28 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Straylight i'd still like to know what red con mobs you are raiding. Go ahead tell us all!!

Also you are not raiding oranges every night unless your are wiping to the dragons in MD every night... i doubt you are in poets palace the return... and even then it has a lockout timer... and i doubt you are raiding fountain of life every night, if so please tell us your uber eye hunting secrets.

So i'll feel really nice to disreguard anything you say, thanks!
  11. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

Hehe nice post, way to make friends :p. To be honest you dont play a walrock so how would you know what this spell does, doesnt do.

-Yes we are all Kiddys, you are the only mature one on these boards
    -Oh yes we have more dps than anyone, /looks over a the Conj
    -We cry
    -We are pathetic
    -We are inept
    -Your a police occifer? can I shake your hand?
    -Our logic escapes us
    -We are noobs
    -We are loosers
    -That about sum it up for you?

Lol some people /boggle, It was worht a good laugh though thanks!
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 11-08-2005 10:29 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Hmmm, I thought this was suppose to be a discussion about the seal line.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cuz Guest

No offense to anyone here, but if you feel that a spell that will make it so you will get resisted less is useless, then you're either well off, or you are "too" well off.

What I mean is maybe mob resists should be upped? I mean people here are saying the never get resisted against even con mobs. I get resisted a good 10% easy with my low level casters, maybe the resist rate if skewed at higher levels?
  14. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

It's great when people post like this. Here you are, presenting your arguement, which mostly invovles tearing other people down. And at the same time, saying things like, "I like to get laid"
    If this is the way you respond to what people have to say, why should anyone think what you have to say is based on thoughtful response? Thanks for letting the whole forum know that you have sex. I was wondering about that. Sorry, but the fact that you have a girlfriend who has sex with you is part of why you didn't get to 60 in three days has nothing to do with the thread.
    And your telling people to relax and breath in, breath out?
    I'm not saying that +distruption isn't useful. I'm saying that the way it's tested is not going to give you the same results in actual game play. Meaning, test it in a real game situation and see what kinds of results you get.

But I guess your to busy having sex with your girlfriend and then bragging about it to think.

But congrats on your Gold Medal.
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 11-08-2005 10:29 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

The question about the affect of the seal line was answered. If it is usefull or not is another question.

Anyway for me it put some light on when to use it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

It's not a question of if the spell works, it's a question of is it useful in practical terms.
    This is his test,
    A level 50 warlock with the master version of the buff, against a level 58 mob, and casting a level 3 spell 50 times, and getting a 45% increaces in the number of times this level 3 spell landed. 16 out of 50.
    Good to know 16 hits of a level 3 spell is gonna really hurt those level 58 mobs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Moonspark Guest

Hat I have has 15(5 less than rare), chest has 16(4 less than rare), shoulders 16, wrist 15, hand 18, pants 17, boots 18, two 12 dolls, 25 primary, 14 offhand (6 less than an easy to get item I already have), 15 in the belt, 10 on both wrists, 16 and 17 on rings, 15 on earring, 14 on neck and a buff from a pearl ring that gives 22. All of that and I'm sitting at 354, to be fair at the easy to get 14 from the rares and offhand and 2 from the dolls, 370. Hell let's even give you that 25 int belt, that's 380.
  18. ARCHIVED-Darkcreator Guest

Another thing that has been bothering me all night is that this buff does absolutely nothing for the melee type characters we group with. The int/str buff benefits all classes, all the time.
    Boy my Guardian friend is really going to enjoy his extra Ordination skill when he's scraping his left arm off the pavement. :p
  19. ARCHIVED-Thibor24 Guest

It looks like we scared the dev away, it was going so well until things got personal.
    Now we probably wont hear anything for anohter two months and we still dont know if this spell even works.
  20. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

Star I have seen every high end raid zone and I am level 60, There are 0 Red mobs, most are orange, and the high orange (67) no one can even take, they hit for 6-8K to a full tier 6 fabled tank. Please do not act like you know what you clearly do not.

When forming caster groups I never base it around the fact that I am buffing their disruption, nor have I ever had my Seal line up, and I am Hitting the orange con mobs (even high orange) for full with debuffs on, and at a very acceptable rate. I have done my own tests and seen maybe 1 out of 25 nukes land with seal or with out. That could also be from a roll where I hit, and not based on my disruption skill at all. Normally on a raid I am grouped with a troub and from my knowledge they also buff disruption, putting my disruption at about 340ish (I do have some +disruption gear tossed in there as well). Hitting the int cap is not very hard with the correct group (fury helps more than anything), but still having a + to skills that at the current do nothing seems like a wasted con slot.