I Need to Choose a Healer!!

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nazy, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Nazy Well-Known Member

I'm creating a healer and I need some input:
    Templar
    Mystic
    Defiler

I've tried Warden and Fury already and decided that I didn't like the way the classes worked.
    I decided that (correct me if I'm wrong) Templar does more damage and has better heals than Inquisitor.

I will be mostly soloing but don't intend to go very far, as in under level 50. I might group occasionally.

Any input would be very much appreciated,
    And AA builds would be WONDERFUL.
    Exotwo likes this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Templar does the least dps of any heal class in the game. All 3 of your chosen healers are fairly low dps in the beginning. Templar and Defiler are extremely slow levelers as they are technically casters. Defiler casting speed is truly awful early on.

Mystics do better dps wise since they are a melee class. But they still share the super slow cast speeds for wards / heals.

I have all the healers. If I were going to go back and solo a healer up? It would be a warden or inquisitor.
    Exotwo, Nazy and Zeddicious like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Channelers and wardens are the hot flavors of healer at the moment.

For a raid, you do have to have several types of healers, but groups can usually get by with one competent healer of any type.
    Exotwo, Nazy and Breanna like this.
  4. Nazy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses!
    I got some feedback from my guild and they also said Templar is painful, so I think I'm going Defiler.

Despite what people say about slow leveling, I actually have a Defiler and I'm soloing pretty fast. (Yeah I cheated and a SK power-leveled me through the hard levels of 5-20) I'm doing a lot better at soloing than my Zerker, Monk, or Necro. I've yet to die while soloing without my wards (exception of my test run through Fallen Gate while I was level 16... Did not go as planned) and having a pet is awesome. I really never have my wards up.
    :/

Mana is a HUGE problem... Any tips for that? I plan on getting the Mana Stone at lvl 30 with a 65 SK helping.
    Exotwo likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Maelstrom gives some power back as does soul cannibalize both give back power. With the AA boost, soul cannibalize give a good chunk.
    Exotwo, Nazy and Breanna like this.
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

Maelstrom is a long way away... Leveling is SLOW because I can't do dungeons by myself.
    Exotwo likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're that low level, get a merc. That will vastly speed leveling.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  8. Nazy Well-Known Member

I'm not planning to pay money for a merc, but I did find out that you can unlock certain mercs (Sadly, all are in places I can't go because they require expansions) usuing little bauble thingys. Are there ones for a merc that is in a place I can go? As long as you're a pet class (or so I've been told) you can unlock the mercs with these baubles without a need for the merc expansion.

The level counter for Sky on my signature says 27- he's level 31 now.
    Exotwo likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can't use mercs from the baubles unless you have the merc ability unlocked on your account. If you can use the 'bauble mercs' you can use the ones in cities.
    Aelissa, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Templar isnt quite bad to level up especially since merc's were added. The question shouldn't be how bad class x is to level up the question should be what do intend to do once leveled up to max tier...raiding/grouping/soloing? As to dps output considering everything involved in that now classwise dps is smoke and mirrors.
    Nazy and Aelissa like this.
  11. Aelissa Well-Known Member

Daali is right, he plays a Templar and had crits in the billion damage range.
    (good person to listen to because he knows his class and most classes very well as a raid leader for like a zillion years)

I have an Inquisitor and a Defiler. I solo with my Inquisitor and do solo dungeons just fine, I raided (and healed group dungeons) with my defiler because it was easy no stress (and bigger) group heals, also seemed to be more dispels, and more attention paid to them when things were wrong.
    The Inquisitor class has had some things broken since launch, like the shadow mirage "pet". I still use her for soloing and one shot mobs adventuring, but I don't love healing with her because stuff is always buggy.
    Gear, and reforging/adorning gear to get your stats right is pretty important, what you cast is too, knowing the caps on the skills, character abilities (the class specific "save" abilities) and spells also. I love that you are not power leveling through stuff so you can get to know your class.

Also why not consider a channeler? It's a fun healing class to solo with.

AA builds: look at some defilers at top level with good gear that is reforged and adorned and try to go that way. Here is a site that you can put a class in and any level and see what other's are doing.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_search_results
    Exotwo and Nazy like this.
  12. MysticRider New Member

i personally would choose an Inquisitor but it's up to you
  13. Nazy Well-Known Member

I've tried Inquisitor and I didn't like the way the class works and with some research I learned that Defiler would do more damage and I could always betray to Mystic for the CAs.

Speaking of which, why do people say Mystic is easier to solo? Defiler gets heals on their wards and better heals, along with very good DPS for a healer. Mystic has CAs, not spells, which I would LOVE, being a Ranger main. Mystic can also increase your total health for a bit, but has it worse for everything until level 50(?), where they get a huge ward and Defiler gets a attack.
    Is betrayal worth it? I'm Neriak, and I'd go to Kelethin where my Ranger is.
    And- does CAs mean that Mystic can cast-and-move?

Ok:
    I am definitely power leveling (you have no idea how much XP Shard of Love is) but I know (ish) my class. I don't often group so I sent in Necromechi (my pet) and then ward him as he's running. I like to keep Necromechi at yellow hp and only use emergency wards on me.
    Shard of Love is teaching me bad habits, as in pulling a billion mobs and not dying. But I do ALWAYS remember my wards on Necromechi. I decided that my group ward takes to long to cast and isn't worth casting it when I won't often get hit when I solo. When I group, that group ward is almost always up (in dungeons). It's no longer a waste of Mana since the Manastone!

I will not be spending money for Channeler, and I have no extra slots for characters. (Still want to play Channeler and BL)

I've looked up many AA builds and then hand-did mine for both DPS (solo) and wards/group. It would be great if someone would like at Skynelayzan's build and give me some pointers.

Why did the font go smaller?
    Exotwo likes this.
  14. Ryuken Active Member

Did you like Mystic Nazy?

I am using your Warden-build btw Naz! :)
    Nazy likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a defiler ever out parse an inquisitor in the hands of someone who knows how to play the toon. I raid with someone who not only heals well, but also does well on the parse too. And the buffs an inqy brings to a group are excellent. I have a lot of different healers and I think a lot has to do with how well the class fits your playstyle/what you like to do. Right now, shaman have been taking hits because of the bleedthrough/wards issue, but we'll see where that lands in the next xpac if DPG can actually get a decent class AA respec accomplished. My favs have always been my warden, defiler and inqy and I like them for different reasons. They all bring something to the table.
    Mermut, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's important to note that a heal parse doesn't mean as much as a DPS parse by a long shot. Different types of heals register differently. The only really useful thing to look for on a parse is number of cures, which is unambiguous.
    Bhayar likes this.
  17. Nazy Well-Known Member

:D
    Mystic is good. Made my group feel invincible until the mob hits for 3mil and my wards go ka-ploof. Luckily, I always have a Fury to back me up with complete heals.

Unfortunately, I might be switching back to DPS role. I haven't decided yet but I might level both my Mystic and Ranger/Assassin.