I need some directions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by mague, Mar 3, 2018.

1. mague Active Member

Hi,

i stopped playing when DayBreak took over. Not because of DayBreak, but because of private changes.

I logged in today and i have a lvl99 character. I played for over 10 years, but i dont know about the new zones, quests etc. Can someone point me towards the progression/zones i should play/buy ?
  2. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Norrath!
    That being said ,
    I won't tell you what to buy,
    but I will make some suggestions .
    the latest expansion will get you access to all previous expansions. I would suggest the basic expansion pack, you can always upgrade later. at 99 I would do what is called agnostic dungeons for the last bit to 100, then I would go to the sundered frontier and speak to the panda merchant there, he has 9 simple quests that are basically tour type quests and all the waypoints for the zones are listed in wiki, the panda will then give you a number of items mostly useless at this point but a couple still worth the work , a Familiar (walking plant, like being followed by a bowl of salad ,LoL) it will give an overall stat boost like a deity pet, its not the best but it's better than an empty slot ,panda will also offer a potion to boost a familiar to second level, I suggest you save it for a better familiar, panda will also give a book to boost you to level 5 in something called an 'ascension', save this you will need it for > Kunark Ascending, which is last seasons expansion, which you will need to run the signature line for, to see the trainers you need to advance your ascension choice , you will have 4 to choose from.

confused yet ? LOL

Ok , after you reacquaint your self with all the over land zones by running all over for Yun Zi (the above panda) go to Plain of Magic , be sure to talk to the npc on the zone in island and BE SURE to click the crate at his feet , he will give you a full set of starter gear for the new zone , unless your potency (the stat being emphasized for this expansion) is 30k or higher killing anything in the plains of magic will take you 15 min or more , and there is NO exp gain for random kills in the new zone , ALL exp comes from quest turn ins. so put on the armor, then , Go Get Reforged!! the stats on the armor are "one size fits all" you WILL need to have it "tailored" by reforgeing . if you are short any of the 350 aa points you can get , don't fret , the first two quest turn ins in the plains of magic will pile on so much exp it should finish out any missing points .

sorry for the answer that is probably more than you thought you wanted and sadly , there's more , I suggest you read update notes for as far back as you can stand to start , or at least start a dozen or so back and work forward that way the information builds on itself .
    and wiki read the walk throughs for the above quests , and the last three expansions, if you can , even if the information seems confusing it will lay in a ground work for what you will find in game .

once again welcome Home !

have fun first never fret ... lol
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Relax, free to play is a good place to start. Buy nothing and just play. Relax, talk to some people and guilds about finding one that you like and like you. So you both have the same goals (like if you want to raid, look for a guild building to raid so that you can help them as they help you, for example). But remember, this game is for fun, so relax and have fun. There is so much you need to know and learn so take it one step at a time. Buy something when you feel the need for it strong enough to spend the money to get it, this game is for fun, not a job after all.