I need a tip :)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ghostouls, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

For a long time I have had issues with seeing certain harvest nodes. Mostly the ores. Now that we are needing the Essence of Magics, and they are not trackable, I can never find them. I found one, just one time, I ran by it and caught a glimpse of it sticking out of the ground, backed up and turned and there it was.

If a turned a certain way, I could not see it, then started turning towards it, I could see it again, and yet I was nearly on top of it.

Is there some sort of suggest settings I could use to make it so I can see the Essences of Magic? I already have my flora turned off. What other things might I change to see these things? Any ideas?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Take a look at the Graphics Optimization article. It explains what each setting does and will help you figure out what to adjust.
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I've had the same issue.. In one zone I can see a node a mile away.. In the Planes of Magic i need to be right on top for the LOD to pop the model.. Otherwise I know it is there as I can tab target from fairly far away and have the name pop up.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to tab target to find the special Essence of Magic nodes, the AA Find Harvests won't get it at all.

I think it's Rendering Distance and Level of Detail Bias are the settings that matter for seeing nodes. Complex Shader Distance also, it affects nearly everything.
  5. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the Dark UI which will do the tab thing for me as I fly or swim around. But gonna go check my Rendering distance and Detail Bias and the other link to the graphic settings.

Thanks all
  6. theafm New Member

The great thing nowadays with EQ2, is that it doesn't require any very expensive machine, to get a decent 60 fps in high details HD.

I remember when my P4 intel and Geforce 4 was able to render the game in medium details, at some lower resolution back in the year of 2005. Oh good this game looked beautiful back then :p

A real fps killer in this game I remember always, the shadows settings. Not only does the game run from the the power of the cpu solely, but shadows is really cpu intensive. Might wanna lower that abit.

And just remember in this game some zones are more demanding than others.