I need a quest author, work to be done on the Unrest server .

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-FlameingPumpkin, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-FlameingPumpkin Guest

Helloo all
    I need Someone to help make my new dungeon a way kewler place to run marks . As SOE gets better at making dungeons more palatable i need a good story writer to help me finish this dungeon. I have a couple of dungeons on the Hall of fame but none with a Wild storyline .... Im very artistic but i suck with story telling so if you want to help me with a tinkerfest theme dungeon please step up.

Ohh i have a question as well do house item expanders work in dungeons?
  2. ARCHIVED-FlameingPumpkin Guest

Well the decorating is complete... just placing mobs and have a basic story outline but still would love some help with making the flavor text exciting and worthwile paying attention too
    The outline is this
    Gomes have been secrectly gathering geothermal energy in a hidden part of Mistmore Catacombs
    This Power plant has been detected and Venril Sathir and Emperor Crush ( an Interesting Duo ) have plans too steal the engergy for thier future plans
    The Power Plant is under attack and even the clockworks are out to kill anything that enters ... can you help make this story better
    Can you make the flavor text an awsome adventure ... I need an Awsome DM to make this a Dev pick

I will be testing the mob placement all week so it will be Published but a "work in progress project"

Check out " TinkerFested " Dungeon On the Unrest Server

Barl
  3. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

You've gotten so far on your own, I bet you could finish it up just fine yourself.
    One thing you could do is try a little brainstorming. For any character or set of character, just take a sheet of paper (or text file) and start writing dialogue as fast as you can imagine it. Don't worry if its lame or whatever. Just keep writing them. More will come as you work, as well as better variations of your earlier ideas.
    The same with the story. The story does not have to be devious and involved. Just try to have the players who enter your dungeon have a definite role. Are they helping the gnomes or Emperor Crush? What's in it for the adventurer? What grand scheme will the gnomes be using all that energy for? Why did they hole up in the Mistmore Catacombs instead of closer to the Baubbleshire or Gnomeland Security? If you ask youself questions, then the answers you come up with can provide more story.
    You've already shown you've come up with an interesting idea...just flesh it out a bit more a little bit at a time.
  4. ARCHIVED-FlameingPumpkin Guest

Thanks for your Post and the encouragement .
    I will give it my best shot but ,I still would love to do this or another dungeon with some collaboration.
    I only have a handful of guildies actually there are only 2 small families so i get little feedback other than watching and waiting for a dungeon Vote.
    I have split the dungeon in half .... to the left is 30 DM and too the right s 40 dm to run both should be 65 dm ish not verified Exit is near the entrance until they give us a multiple exit option

So Run Tinkerfested dungeon Unrest... Mistmore 2 and send me some feedback

Barl
    Norrath Pub Crawlers

Edit ... Changed font color
  5. ARCHIVED-FlameingPumpkin Guest

WELL ....
    Posting here for help and feedback is a useless venture .... i have had a big Fat 0 visits too the dungeon
    Ive even tried shouting in game and paying cash just for a little feedback .... No one and i mean No one is willing to waste thier game time trying out dungeons
    If there are some out there they are not active on the Unrest server ... I only have 2 votes and they are from my other accounts for testing purposes
    Realy frustrated that another feature of EQ2 is Old Tired and Nerfed too Hell

this could have been an awsome game feature if the benifit was worth a players time
    I will not rant anymore sadly... even that dose nothing
  6. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Posting on this boards to drum up interest is a real shot in the dark. It might work, but more likely not. For instance, I noticed your posts and commented, but I can't visit your dungeon because I'm not on that server.
    I really have no suggestions for attracting people to a dungeon other than to try to give it a good name and take an eye-catching picture for it.
    I need to finish my changes to the Poets dungeon I did during the contest and republish it, but somehow I lost interest when rather than adding new features, the existing features and dungeon balance were skewed all over the place. Having trouble getting the interest back, since as you say, getting people to notice your dungeon in the first place is tough.
    So far the only sure way to get traffic through your dungeon is to create an optimized grind dungeon for those having a reason to grind for dungeon marks. Ah well.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Please do not get discouraged. Running a player made quest is an enormous undertaking, and usually the results fall so far below the expectations, that it is very easy to become discouraged. So discouraged, in fact, as to completely quit.
    I know what I am talking about. I hve been running and refining the same quest (more or less) for 14 years now. Through three games. It grows as each year passes. Anymore, I simply refine and update it to the changing circumstances and lore in the game. Perhaps someday I may try to run it in it's entirety again, who knows.
    I would gladly run your dungeon if I were on your server, but alas, I am not. Are you in a guild? Are you in a roleplay guild? Perhaps if you were to broach the subject directly with your guildmates to see if there is an interest in colaboration, you might get more respose.
    So much creative energy and enthusiasim goes into a design (be it a dungeon or a home), that it is very easy to take apathy on the part of other players personally. That would be a mistake, but completely understandable. It is a fault with both Dungeon Maker and Player Housing that so many player projects go un-noticed, and unappreciated. You would not be the first one to give up in disgust.
    It is sometimes hard to see it without your own filter. MMOs make tremendous demands on a player's time. There is simply so much to do, that many things are necessarily shoved to the side. And, unfortunately, Dungeon Maker, Player Housing are among those facets of the game most neglected by the general gaming community.
    It's not callousness. It's time management.
    My advice would be to keep your dungeon published. Keep working on the backstory of the dungeon. Perhaps make the dungeon just one of several jewels in the crown as your story unfolds. Design another dungeon or a Player House that also ties in somehow with the dungeon.
    Think of it as a creative outlet for your own artistic drives. Refine it over time, polish it. If others notice, then so much the better. Make the dungeon for yourself and then let the leaves fall as they may.