I know this isn't a priority, but...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...it is aggravating. Back in the day, even when like every other crafting recipe was no longer Geo- this and/or Thauma- that but more specific to the actual crafter (Artistry for Provies, Sculpting for Carpies, etc.), at least the holiday recipes could be counted on to still have the beloved old Techniques and Knowledges that everyone sucked at or excelled at, so we were all equal in the eyes of the Crafting Gawds. :)

Then it seemed as if, no matter what the holiday recipe was or did, so long as it was made on, say, a Woodworking Table, only Carpies really had a chance of being able to make it any time soon with any chance of avoiding Critical Failures without malice aforethought (if I mess up, I deserve it. If I haven't, I don't), or anyone but Alchemists making just about anything for Erollisi Day on a Chem Table, etc. I get that, though I still growl about it to this day.

Just now, I tried to make Bags of Hops (Brewday recipe) on a Stove and Keg, with a Provisioner. It was a major PitA, which surprised me, until I got a glimpse of who can actually make it reliably: anyone with high levels of Sculpting, rather than Artistry.

Sculpting is for Woodworking Tables and Work Benches. If we get to use a regular Stove and Keg for anything holiday-wise, it ought to be able to give the Provies something else we can do, other than just make the equivalent of ammo for people to consume. :-/

Uwk
    who'd still love for holiday recipes to go back to the old-fashioned Geo- this and Thauma- that... :-/
    Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

YES! THANK YOU for vocalizing this. There are now far more holiday recipes and especially furnitures that requires a generic crafting skill over the actual skill of the dedicated class that SHOULD have the skill to actually make it.

I would love to go back to a point where carpenters are actually needed to make all these holiday furnitures or armorers for the armor. I get that the holidays are supposed to be accessible to everyone, but the recipes and furnitures and clothing have become trivial and meaningless to make since anyone can make them anyway.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Um...actually, I think that's kind of the opposite of what I'd meant... ;-> There's gotta be people out there, somewhere, who only do the "7 free character slots per paid account" (it could happen! :D) who don't necessarily have a Carpy for the furniture, or Provie for the food/drink, etc., but want to be able to make the holiday stuff.

Not all recipes everywhere, yeah; I completely agree that in that case, of the generic, Tier 3+ recipes for furniture, armor, etc., yeah, you'd need/want the pro Carpies, Armorers, etc. after the Tier 1-2 level recipes to make that sort of thing. :)

But for the holidays! There have been times I've had a non-Carpenter decorating a place for a holiday event, and for whatever reason: the rules might've precluded too much creation of items used by someone else, or the story of the house would work against it, or whatever, my Carpy wasn't available. Just for the holiday recipes, I'd love to be able to have, say, my Sage be able to make anything in the holiday recipe lists that they'd need to: furniture, bottles of drink, whatever, using the old-fashioned Geo/Thauma/etc. knowledge stuff they had in the old days. :)

Uwk
    Finora likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Or put another way, you don't want chefs wiring your house, carpenters cooking dinner for you, or gardeners working on your car. It ain't rocket science.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, true; I'll leave that to the Gnome tinkerers. ;->

But the holiday stuff is just cool "set decoration." :)

Uwk
  6. Denmum Developer

Your feedback has been heard (and passed on to Kaitheel).

Changing past event recipes now would be a huge time investment, and isn't likely to happen.
  7. Mugwort Active Member

The festive events should remain artisan. Artisan is for everyone so that they have an opportunity to make things that they can either use or sell.

If the clock is turned back with the festive events, then roll back artisan crafting required in some of the later expansions, put harvesting skills back to where they were and do away with the artisan goblin.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

I agree. I love Artisan Books and I want more of them.