I keep getting a socket error downloading today's patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Altho, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to do...
  2. garcia Member

same here lol
  3. Thornscar Member

9:30am pst still unable to play. "Installing" (on launchpad) keeps showing 0 of 1545k installed, upwards of ten minutes now. Help!
  4. Dabbledibble New Member

5. Therendil Member

Not sure what error is happening, but it keeps saying "Warning: Retrying clientvdl.bvd.
    -= Therendil =-
  6. Allenstergess New Member

Same here cannot update.
  7. PurpleChicken Active Member

Also stuck at 0, it won't start the download.
  8. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Same error
  9. PurpleChicken Active Member

It doesn't even give me an error message. It just never starts the download, and the abruptly closes.
  10. Partos New Member

Tried to submit a ticket on the issue and got autoresponse with cookie-cutter step to troubleshoot. Seriously? That is all the help I can get? What does this issue have to do with my ISP or modem model?
  11. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Just curious if this is something regional? I'm Eastern US--Spectrum
  12. Partos New Member

13. Viking2054 New Member

14. Partos New Member

Brief updates are evil....
  15. garcia Member

I'm getting this

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Patching EverQuest2.exe
    Creating clientvdl.bvd
    *Warning: Retrying EverQuest2.exe
    *Warning: Retrying clientvdl.bvd
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/1e/fa0/d788972c8a999ae1bb9d68002339ae92805

what the hell ?????? don't know if u can see that lol
  16. garcia Member

Updated File List

Checking game installation...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Patching EverQuest2.exe
    Creating clientvdl.bvd
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/1e/fa0/d788972c8a999ae1bb9d68002339ae92805
  17. Fromundamusk New Member

I have tried the following because daybreak hasnt said its on their end yet(love wasting time) -

Fresh install on a VM - still get the socket error, so I didnt actually download anything. (downloaded eq2.exe from everquest2.com which worked)

Booted up 2nd machine, tried to patch = socket error

booted up laptop, tried to patch = socket error

It must be on my end though yeah? Cause daybreak didnt say there was an issue on their end yet?

I went to my eq2 directory and deleted the cache out of the launchpad.cache folder, when I launched the launchpad, I had to agree to a eula (so delete the cache did do something) = still socket error

Connected to wifi on my PC up to my verizon jetpack to see if it was my connection here at home = socket error.

checked twitter for any updates from DBG = socket error (ahaha)

Tried connecting to my works VPN, because I read people were having success vpning to somewhere in Texas.

So anyway, it would be nice to know if it was on our side or DBG side, but we havent received any update as to whose side its on.. There are people like me who are trying all kinds of things to get eq2 to launch, if we knew it was on dbg side I would be doing something else like playing pubg or writing this post.

Oh well, still addicted, still socket error.

Beathead-
  18. Viking2054 New Member

Solved my problem... stupid background program I rarely used caused my problems... /sigh
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Thanks for all the reports! The team is currently working on finding a fix for these issues.
    Fromundamusk likes this.
  20. LivingDeth New Member

i am still haveing the same problem launcher wont patch, and hangs then errors out, I am on the EAST coast so i am seeing alot of people having this issue.

http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.sha.zs/5d/369/a389cd082ca05e94f8d79 putting this in the bar and clicking also says the connect to this is taking to long and issues an Http error 504 ...seriously..they need to get this fixed have seen posts all the way back to 2011 about this...takes 6yrs + to get an error fixed?