I just can't get past So'Valiz

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by CityKitty, Apr 18, 2019.

1. CityKitty Member

Hey guys.

I have 11 characters on two accounts, all of which are crafters and adventurers all at the top level. I enjoy questing and always do the crafting and adventuring signature lines. Until now.

I have tried and tried but none, not one, of my characters has completed the signature quest Legacy of Power because it seems I just can't do it. I'm just at a loss now because I know I'll be seriously gated in the future if I can't do this. I have the circles drawn out and try to follow them, have read through all the tips and tricks I can find, have fiddled with my settings to see better while trying to maintain a balance against the lag that causes and turned on night vision.

I have even completed the CD signature on several characters so I know it's not from just being too stupid to do these things.(after all, I did found and run a top five raiding guild, so I know I'm not too dumb) but there's something I must be missing.

What I'm hoping for is all the tips, tricks and ideas you veterans of this event might have to enlighten me. It's getting tedious and I know I have to do it "or else" but I'm ready to give up and just move on to a new game.

Please let me know if you have any good ideas to help me with this damnable problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

What server are you on?
    I give em numbers , so i see em and for example its 4 and 5 i know and i know what its on opposite side
    Pressing the wrong key wont kill you anymore so if u have a merc you can afford to click the wrong one since its the timer thats probably killing you
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. CityKitty Member

I'm on Halls of Fate server.

Yah I numbered the circles on a paper but I just can't seem to apply that to the actual thing. It is the timer that's killing me because when the first one doesn't work (it never does) I try to do the one next to it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

IIRC it is a mirror so you flip it so if the right front one is flipped it would be left front on the other side.. That one took me a while to do too.
    Soara2 and Zeddicious like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sorry I misspoke it would be the right front, left rear, or if it's the front one it would be the rear one on the other side. I think that's right. someone correct me if I'm wrong it's been a long time LOL
    Soara2 and Zeddicious like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are nine Legacy of Power quests. Given the title, I guess you're stuck on Legacy of Power: Drawn to the Fire (Solusek Ro's Tower: The Obsidian Core [Solo]). There's nothing in the So'valiz fight that needs high quality graphics.

Instead of going solo or taking a merc, you can take one other person in with you to help. What server are you on?

The layout is like this:
    [IMG]

When So'Valiz says, "The SOUTHERN claws must match the NORTHERN claws!" you run to the north set of claws.. Start counting from the claw that's closest to the center of the room. Run clockwise, counting each claw, and note which claw(s) are down. They fold down in towards the middle.

Then run to the south set of claws, and this time you go counterclockwise, counting from the claw closest to the center of the room. If 1, 5 and 8 were down on the north claws, then you need to click 1, 5, and 8 on the south claws. When you click the correct claw, it folds down.

[IMG]

There are three rounds of this. First round, only one claw is down. Second time, there are two claws, last time there will be three claws.

The circled claw here is DOWN.
    [IMG]

For me, it's easiest to:
    (1) Listen to So'Valiz and figure out which set of claws to run to first.

(2) Run clockwise on the first circle, counting each claw from the one nearest the center of the room (labelled "1" in my illos above)

(3) As you run, note which claw(s) are down. If you can't remember the numbers, use a pencil and scrap paper and jot them down before you go to the other end of the room. I chant them to myself, personally.

(4) Run counterclockwise on the second circle, counting each claw.

(5) As you run, click the claw numbers that match the ones you noted on the first set.
    Twyla, Soara2, Blazen and 3 others like this.
  7. CityKitty Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa, that illustration is much better than my hand drawn mess. I will give it another try now that I have that and see what happens. I am on Halls of Fate server.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you'd been on Maj'Dul, I'd have run you through it. Ask if someone will duo it with you.
  9. RayH New Member

I just finished the claw room, I tried everything listed above with no luck so came up with a simple system for old guys with slow reflexes. It is slightly hit or miss but if you have a healer along you should have no problems. One and two claws can be done like this description for 3 claws, and it's fast.
    When So'Valiz says either north and south or south and north head to the second part, there will be 3 claws down, pick the easiest first claw to remember, ideally the straight up north or south claw then just run around the claws counting, One is down, five is down, and eight is down, or whatever combination. Run to the other circle and find the north or south corresponding claw, reverse the direction you ran around the first one and just count up to five and see if it goes down, if not you did it backwards just reverse and count to five the other way starting with the one you have got down, (so a total of 9, as in 5 back to the start then 4 more) it will go down, then keep going that way and repeat at eight. The numbers above are random, substitute whatever count your claws come up with. If a straight north or south isn't down just do the same thing from any claw that is easy for you to remember, use it as number one and just count from there.
    The mirror image mentioned by others really confused me, but if you experiment you can work out a system, say it is top left claw down, run to the other circle and position yourself so you can see the circle with the claw down and put the icon on the one you think matches, (you want to be looking at the other circle just to get familiar with the 'mirror' effect) either you get it right or lose a bunch of health, You should only have two choices so if the first one didn't work the second one should, which would be bottom left. Once you get the first claw figured out go to the instructions above and just count it out.
    So, just stay on the same side of the circle and find the claw that matches the far away circle, once you get that it is just counting to the second claw and see if it goes down, and if not reverse to the claw that is down and count the other way.
    Using this method I had about 1/3 of the time left when I finished, soloed 2 characters that were stuck with no problems and no deaths, although the Fury was a lot harder than the Necro since So"Valiz kept trying to eat the Fury, the Necro's pet worked like a charm to distract him so I could concentrate on counting and avoiding the deadly circles. Hope this helps.
    Twyla likes this.