I just boosted to 110. No idea what to do.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Waylond, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Waylond New Member

Just as the title says. My husband, myself and our kid started the game tonight. We did play many years ago so have a basic understanding. But we just did the boost to 110. Setup all our hot keys and we couldn’t find anywhere to go our level. Everything said not worthy or whatever. Any advice on where we begin or what we can do?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Treiko Active Member

I don't know that it is required to do the chaos descending timeline, and if these are your first characters you likely have to do your epic 2.0 quests. However, once you do the 2.0 quest on any one character, you can just do the CD sig line (which doesn't take terribly long) and you will be granted your 2.0 spells. You will just have to either be able to craft the higher ranks or find someone who can craft them for you. Once you have that (or even before if you want/can) you should have mail with summons to talk to the duality in the vigilant sanctum - a key is included for quick transport. Do the quest he gives you and it will grant you access to the new blood of luclin zones and you can do that sig line to level to 120, fly in luclin overland zones, gain access to PQs and also certain clickable quests you can only get to if you can fly. Make sure to pick up all the dropped quests in the overland zones, hunt all the named mobs, and also do those clickable quests. It all equals achievements and better gear. Once you have all that done, hopefully you have made some plat via selling extra collectibles etc to be able to use /toggledeity and click the small button on the left at the upper middle of the window. This will allow you to spend plat to infuse your gear which will grant much higher bonuses to stats like potency, cb and sta. After that, I imagine you will have a few infusers in your bags, use those up too. This will get you well on your way to greater things, though I myself am still working on my potency which is supposedly low for heroics at 122k. But, having done all these things you can at least partake in PQs and farm solos. If you haven't yet, look for a friendly guild, and then work your way into trying heroics. Best of luck to you all :)
    Argosunited and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Doing the Epic 2.0 quest is no longer required. You get the spells from completing the CD signature line.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

I recommend doing the Chaos Descending signature line. Beyond giving you Epic 2.0 spells, it will give you an idea of how to play your characters.
    Breanna, Argosunited and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Waylond New Member

Ok, we will do that this weekend. Thank you. In the meantime, are there any heroic instances we can head to and just fiddle around? Get in a few encounters to polish up a bit. We zoned into highkeep RAID instance and my husbands Zerker one shotted just about every MOB... huh? Just want to find one MOB that we can actually have a fight of more than 1/2 a second... We are so confused, and frankly, super overwhelmed. Again, we just want a few zones we can head into and pull some heroic mobs.. even if they wipe us that is fine, we just want some action.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you see they gave everything a mega boost the attack power went through the roof when ferver was added and potency became very important
    with infusion added in Talumbra , and Kunark Ascending also added the ascension classes .
    People who had come in on a level 100 just annoyed the mobs but did not really even scratch them until they got all those upgrades.
    So it's not surprising that you just destroy those mobs in high keep , for all things considered YOU an epic boss.
    But for suggestions to where to go to get a more challenging fight ask those people who spend more time there .
    I would guess planes of magic and higher.
  7. Waylond New Member

Ok, so my husband just clicked the key and was transported... got the quest to go to Jarsath wastes and go to the solo instance... woohoo.... we are getting all excited. We found the entrance, super happy again!!! .. he zoned into the solo instance and got one shotted and died 6 straight times... didnt even dent a single mob. How the F are we supposed to play this game? We are so lost and confused on what to do, our time is valuable and we just dont even know where to start. Isnt there some LINEAR advice on what we need to do for adventure )not crafting or shinies). Every site we have read on what to do is so jarbled and confusing to the uninitiated it literally causes our heads to freaking spin.

and yes, we joined a guild and ask questions in General chat with little mto no replies, or when we do get replies its an "I think, but not sure" answers.... you are losing us Daybreak, argh
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

yeah they dont give you this special buff which allows you to do that instance, you get this buff by going to a place called the plane of magic, its a zone that can be accessed from the world map or a wizard spire, which you can find in any major overland. Also a good thing to have installed is EQ2MAPS. and as for information only limited people supply that as the game has gotten a much smaller playerbase. But it's a good game sorta, just need to get your head wrapped round the things that are most important
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Personally, I would start with the Planes of Magic Signature line and then do the Chaos Descending Signature line and then do the Chelsith: Vault of Omens. Two of you at a time can go into Chelsith and even after two of you finish it, one of the two of you can go in with the third. Just break your group to the two that are going to go in first, the one of you drop out and add the third in and go in again.

This should give you more of an understanding of what you are doing. I personally wouldn't worry about ascensions and all of that at the moment, get a handle on the basic gameplay of the characters you selected to boost.

Good Luck and good journeys. If you are on AB and need some help, send an in game mail or a tell to Cyrrena and I will help you all that I can.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol like I said , GO TO PLAINES OF MAGIC
    that is pretty much what this toon is made for .
    And because I was really confused and those last 5 expansions made my head spin , I began to play on theTLE servers that came out I think 5 years ago , I am playing on the third now .
    But with a little friendly help you can make it on the regular servers .
    Just wait till the big mobs finds this thread , you won't know what to do with all that good advice your going to get .
  11. dorotea Well-Known Member

What many of us do after a *long* time away is start new level 1 characters to get a feel for how things work in a more ...relaxed manner.
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still play on Kaladim as well. I just split my time more these days than in the last 9 months.
    Breanna likes this.