I have to ask....whats the point anymore

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-bellemort, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Well, they DID get rid of the 5 second recast. It's a minute now.
    Regardless of what else changes they need to increase the taunt amounts on every single one of our taunt abilities by no less than 20%. That would put us at 75% of a Guardian, almost 90% of an SK, and of course still the most often resisted of everyone. A disadvantage, but not one that's just disgusting and insurmountable.
    I'd find it a lot more palatable if they would un-nerf the blues. That was a moronic, wholly unnecessary, "kick a guy while he's down" change after what had come before it. It doesn't hurts us so bad from a damage/threat perspective, which makes it that much more ridiculous. It was careless, random, and just downright rude.
    Palatable doesn't necessarily mean fun though. That's still TBD.
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i heard about the buffs lasting through death and i forgot about that.. honestly the latest changes have just been so sloppy and random that is why i am speaking up now. i spent over 3 years a zerker so it's hard to just watch it go down in flames.
    soon you will see a bot available on station cash to allow the computer to play your tank for you.
    the basis of single abilities like insolence being what our aggro is based around is careless, nerfing the rest into the dirt is a slap in the face and all while other classes that originally weren't supposed to be AE classes now are gaining in AE hate. this is just a mess. i told them how it would be by mixing all the zones with AE mobs but they didn't want the segregation so now we are further making one tank class except with no balance to it. basically at character creation you may as well have choices like "tank 1, the best", "tank 2, he's ok, not as good as tank 1", "tank 3, he kinda sucks and doesn't really do much of use" and "tank 4, he pretty much sucks at life" etc. because all tanks will basically have the same skills but there will always be a distinguishable difference to which is the best at everything and which is the worst at everything, fortunately for us i think that place is still held for leather tanks which at least still do better DPS than we do.
  3. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    1. stances need to remain unlinked but with more reasonable recasts (i say 20-30s)
    2. taunts need to work in offensive but at 25% of their normal value and -hate gain should be 5%
    3. -skills penalty in defensive needs to be removed
    4. undo all CA damage nerfs PERIOD
    For berserkers specifically
    • increase agression values in d-stance
    • increase all taunt values to be more in line with tps of other classes
    • increase our "agressive defense" proc to at least 50% like other classes reactive taunts
    • increase out o-stance dmg proc dps output (either increase the damage or increase the proc rate)
    If they were just to make agro a possibility in defensive stance then people would use it right now. They only use offensive stance because agro is impossible in defensive. As I've said since day one of these changes potential agro should be equal in both stances for all tank classes. Therefore a tank in o-stance doing max dps, but not using his taunts will never be able to surpass the agro of another tank in d-stance reaching his max agro potential through dps/taunts. And if the content is trivial enough (on a group by group basis) that a tank can survive in o-stance then why shouldnt he be aloud to go offensive and contribute to taking the mob down. THERE IS NO REASON
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

aggro isn't impossible in defensive, you just needed the right group makeup which has now changed. my points weren't focused at zerkers but for all the tank changes on test. offensive tanking you still should have some taunts available even if they do little(negative hate gain though needs to go out the window along with the stance locks and AE nerfs). the whole stance lock thing is just forcing you to make the choice going into the fight, which makes offtanks look bad because we all know what stance we are going to choose. i generally agree with the skill penalties but that is more of a zerker specific defensive issue as well as our aggro proc.