I have a wild idea for the devs to consider regarding everything going forward

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Jovie, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

Firstly, it is evident that the TLP servers have been widely anticipated and made good use of for a while now, but they always peter out.
    Perhaps it is time to change things up in a massive way. In a way that would also impact the live servers.

The idea is simple. Instead of doing yearly TLP servers, do a persistent semi live version, open with base game to the point that allows gfay and tim deep starting zones and ending there.

When a person creates a new character, put in selection boxes for how they want to proceed.
    Choice one is create on live
    Choice two is create on the new feeder server, with choice of starting point. (ship, qeynos, gfay, new halas)
    Choice three is to create on the new feeder server, but going through the initial creation method when EQ2 was first born.
    On choice three, the player would select either fighter priest mage or scout. They go through the tutorial isle, then pop into the neighborhood in their home city and complete the citizenship quest, sub class quests and eventually into the final class quests.

On choice 2 and 3-
    This would essentially satisfy the need for the tlp experience, on a consistent basis, and also potentially help people build friendships and find or build guild homes and not be left out in the cold on live servers.
    For all choices, when the player hits a certain level, they have the option to move their character(s) to the live server of their choice.

While this would require a great deal of work from the development team, i do believe it would generate enough buzz to get the blood flowing in the game, and also serve to help the player base come together easier, and help pad more server populations a bit.

Thoughts?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Persistent tle or other pvp means much less money coming in and the game stopping for sure after 2 years.
    This won't happen
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'm remembering that someone said they'd lost the citizenship quest programming into the ether somewhere - so that's probably not going to happen. It would be fun to play the archetype, class, subclass questlines again, too - but same: those are gone forever.