I Hate and Despise Arcade Games

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

So, you intentionally chose to use an example of a "jump" thats more momentum based on an inclined surface than one that directly related to horizontal surface jumping? Let's compare apples and oranges more, thanks.

As far as 8 feet, who cares what the actual height is? Clearly you don't. Youre grasping at anything you can to swing this in your favor. Try to stay on topic.
  2. Heresford Active Member

I finally got around to doing Grave Grange, since I mostly slowlo (has that term been coined already?)

I'll agree that it's not my favorite, but it seems manageable enough for repeats with an effective strategy. With an ineffective strategy it's chaos on stilts.

I'd kind of like to play around with different placement configurations of the plants but it doesn't seem like that would change the experience much. AoE for me wasn't accomplishing much; it was all about the plant defense. It seems like it either works or it doesn't. I focused on taking out the armored skeletons and otherwise didn't have a lot of opportunity to observe the plants doing their thing, especially with the corn stalks obscuring so much of the view. I suppose I could just hang back and watch at least once and see if that strategy isn't too risky.

Overall, it seemed like it was either next to impossible or almost too easy. The most effective placement strategy was the most straightforward one. Any variation and it was just a mad scramble. That first boss's knockback could send you to your doom if you're moving around trying to take out skeletons at the same time. Probably the only unique thing I did was my choice of which row to place the corn poppers in for the third round.
  3. gambitak Well-Known Member

Wow, I've been reading this thread and thought it was almost a tongue-in-cheek joke. I know it's not, but still, you could always hope.

I don't like this type of game; I played enough of them in my early years to last a few lifetimes (and spent way too many quarters doing it).

I would like to have sat on the discussion panel for this being added. Can you imagine what ideas were considered NOT good enough!?! This was the best idea they felt that they had and decided to implement it.

It boggles the mind.
    Geroblue likes this.