I get the point, but seriously?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Conifur, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

I get you want to go slow and sell items for DBC but does the XP have to be this low? Grinding TS at 1.6% per combine because the quests get you no place near where it should is ridiculous. I don't want to be level 50 in a few days, I just think the current XP is horrible.
    Epicus and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Is the XP rate the same as Stormhold was when it launched? And did it get buffed as expansions came out on Stormhold? If so, well, it will be fixed as the months go by, and meanwhile I will have fun and relax.
  3. Nuhvohk Active Member

Well, adventure XP is about 0.2% per even-con ^^^ mob, so I'd say you crafters have it easy. Even if you have to spend lots of time harvesting, you're still leveling faster solo than adventurers are.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The xp rate is lower then Stormhold when it came out.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm, how are you leveling your TS? I actually find from lvl 1 to 95 goes pretty quickly, but at level 95, it seems to drag on quite slowly.

Level 1-9 if you do the TS crafting quests, you level very quickly despite the annoying first harvesting tier where Jumjum just never seems to want to drop from bushes. I'll often bypass this quest line and just go straight into crafting and get to lvl 9 pretty fast, max out xp, then go see trainer, pick up a craft, then just craft junk until I hit lvl 19...again, goes very fast as long as you are always crafting something new you learn.

At level 19 when you've maxed out xp, pick up your TS profession, then do rush writs and you can hit lvl 95 fast. If you do this during Frostfell, you can level even faster. Use xp potions to boost your xp, especially once you hit 95, to try and bump up 95-100 crafting at a faster pace, but it still seems to drag even with the potions. You can also use potions from your apprentices to speed up your crafting or whatever, but I don't bother with this, as I don't really have enough of these potions to make this worthwhile to do.

TS quests are cool and can have some pretty nifty rewards, but I usually end up doing them when they are gray to me.You can't mentor down for TS, so not much xp to be had from them, and as you pointed out, they don't get you where you need to be for the next tier of crafting even if you do them at the level. I don't rely on them for xp, just for the rewards.

I simply find rush writs to be the fastest way to level crafting. Make sure you have tons of mats for whatever tier you're crafting or in a guild hall or house with a depot full of mats for the level, else you'll find yourself oftentimes running out of mats and have to go out harvesting again and again. Also make sure you have whatever fuels you'll need for the tier of crafting you are doing too.

I tend to go back later and do the entire TS timeline on my crafters, as it seems easier to just to progressively run through the entire thing once I've maxed my TS profession.
  6. Revel Well-Known Member

This is TLE, not Live.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, thank you for the clarification. I did not see any mention of TLE.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

All this does is reward botters who can go afk while the program crafts for them. I do not miss doing a hundred+ combines for a single tradeskill level. For all the "take it slow" people you have to remember expansions are coming on a 12 week cycle.
  9. Revel Well-Known Member

You're in the TLE discussion forum.
    Conifur likes this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, so you are correct. I see they created a new forum for TLE, which I had not realized. :)
  11. Ryuken Active Member

You are in the TLE forum :)
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The 1-9 TS line only gets you to about 7.5, then you have to grind out items with no vitality to get to 9 to select you first specialization.

Cyrrena
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

It gets worse at 14.2.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

But you can mow through them actually doing stuff, looking at a crafting stationing crafting one item at a time mashing 3,4,5 is not the least bit fun or entertaining. Not to mention you now have to harvest more mats because it take way more to level. Comparing adventure and tradeskill together is not even close.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

Agree, Botting for the win.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I dunno what people are griping about here. No WORTS. I churned out a level 10 crafter in a day. I did enough crafting on the Island to get some gear for myself to make it easier, then went to my hometown, did the Tradeskill Tutorial, then use my T1 harvests in my bags to craft up whatever seemed useful and stuck it on the broker. It was incredibly easy.

Are you a first-time crafter? If so, we can probably suggest ways to make crafting faster and easier.
  17. Conifur Well-Known Member

Far from new, but please pass on the easy and fast ways.
  18. Shaidin Member

Actually not leveling faster than adventure. For example I'm grinding out tailor T3. so Level 21-30 I have gone thru several hundred Belladonna root (I think 4-6 hundred, cant remember) which took me over 3 hours to farm and only got me to lvl 23 (with the help of the hungry halfling on TS docks that gives crafting xp for farming gardens. Currently I'm out farming roots again and have spent 4 hours and I just broke the 600 range... Which might be enough for 10 writs.... So I have spent over 7 hours just farming to get 2 levels (3 if you count the level I got feeding the halfling 5% at a time since there are mostly gardens up) so add in the 7 hours and the 2 I actually crafted and Im at 3 hours for 3 lvls. Granted at this point I could start crafting and get 2 maybe 3 levels but I really want to break 1000 roots before I start. This will probably take another 3 hours which will put me at 10 hours of minimal crafting xp for prep time then probably another 4 of actual crafting. which will probably still not put me at lvl 30, unless I suck it up and buy an xp potion, which I really dont want to.

Seems the only decent harvest area I can find is in TS near Varsoons and its camped like mad. sometimes 3 or 4 instances and most of them are at varsoons farming everything but the gardens. Also it appeaars almost nothing spawns in Nek forest anymore. I can hardly find shinies, almost no nodes and even the mobs seems to take forever to respawn out there
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

All of this is the intent of DBG. They made the rate of xp much slower than the Stormhold TLE was at launch hoping people will get frustrated with progression speed and spend lots of $$$$ on dbc to buy xp/vitality potions. I played on the SH TLE when it first launched and tried to avoid buying potions, but caved in so that I could keep up with every one else. Never again. Not falling for any more cash grabs buy DBG. I will quit playing first.
    Synistra and Prissetta like this.