I don't understand Agnostics

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Khieran, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

I tried a couple of agnostic dungeons today with my 57 monk/49 warden duo (not using mercs). Yeah, I got some good gear upgrades, but there was absolutely no risk at all. My health never dipped below 100% the entire dungeon, even when there were multiple mobs on me at once, and nearly everything died in one-shot, including some of the bosses. Is that the way it's supposed to be? Or are they bugged?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it. Easy mode power leveling up to about 90.
  3. Eradani Well-Known Member

yes, pretty boring. i stop in every level x0 to get new gear but otherwise wouldn't set foot in the place as it gives you a very unrealistic view of what your toon can do. Crypt of Agony is the best with 5 chests and quick run through.
  4. Khieran Active Member

OK, thanks. I like the idea of being able to do these dungeons... just wish they weren't easy-mode
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

I think the whole point of them was to give people an easy way to catch up. If they made them too hard, it would defeat the purpose.
  6. Heijo Member

Even better, there's 8 chests in CoA.
    Khieran and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

lol, thanks for correcting that. now that i think about it, i can remember the 8 chests, guess i forgot cause i only stop to get gear
  8. Khieran Active Member

Oh, thanks. I've been doing Befallen - it gives 5 chests, but I'll certainly check out CoA :)
  9. Khieran Active Member

I'd rather they made them somewhat of a challenge and upped the xp you get from doing them, but that's just me :)
    Wilowsong likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

I stop playing before agnostic dngeons were released, what is the level requirement ? How do you access them ?

As example CoA entrance is in Sebilis, not very deep but I don t see anyone lower than 70 reaching the entrance alive (unless path has been cleared).

Where is the list of agnostic dungeons ?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  11. Wilowsong Active Member

You can start agnostics at level 10 :D

You can find them in Qeynos Harbor.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  12. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

And if your playing lower levels, chests in agnostics drop ancient spell upgrades. Not worth it if your just going to fly past the levels but well worth the time farming CoA for all the chests if your level locking
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I agree. I also think it's a quick way to get starter gear for different levels. I like to level lock some zones because I enjoy some quest lines etc. and the gear helps with that.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I hated agnostics because it taught players NOTHING about grouping, but then... most of them were running alts anyways and knew (in theory) how to group.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  15. Wilowsong Active Member

You can make a group to do agnostics! :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Try stygian for a little more challenge. Some are easier than others. Gear and exp is better in stygian as well
    Wilowsong likes this.
  17. Khieran Active Member

Is that a dungeon? I'm not familiar with the name...
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's one of the agnostics.

It's also a dungeon in Thalumbra, but since this thread is about agnostics I'm assuming that's the one mentioned by Soara2.
    Khieran and Soara2 like this.
  19. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yes, the agnostic one
    Khieran likes this.