I don t want auto attack to fire ...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kalika, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Cause it starts before my root spell is completed ....

I asked, someone answered but it does not work ...
    Answer was : /autoattack 0 or /autoattack off .. I also tried the /ics--something command that someone suggested.

Nothing works, the only way to prevent auto attack to fire while i m casting a spell it is to use forced melee.

I also tried with the interface, character->options and then i see only automatic, forced melee, forced range.

I just want to start attacking when i want and if i want ....
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

On Live, I can have attack off, which helps me if I'm soloing with another tank (berserker) who rounds up the mobs and then we both AoE them down, as I autofollow him keeping UB on him. If I do any attacks, I don't want autoattack to start as that slows me down and I might lose him. So I have attack off, but perhaps that option came later so that Stormhold doesn't have that option yet, all I can say since I can do it on Live thru the option character interface like you mentioned, but I can have no attack.
    Kalika and Prissetta like this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap that is another reason, i have 4/5 in improve roots so even if wand fires off root land before the gang (6 mob) of Rime dudes reach me, but it is still annoying.

I tried again the suggestion (thanks i think it was prisetta?) but it seems that profiui overiddes that.

I will try again ... but still i cannot find how to put it off.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

The command you're looking for is /setautoattackmode (or just /setautoattack) and it has one parameter:

0 - Automatic
    1 - Forced Melee
    2 - Forced Range
    3 - Off (Disabled)

So, "/setautoattack 3" will disable auto-attacks and "/setautoattack 0" will return it back to the default
    If your UI isn't showing the "Off" option, then it's outdated.
    Kalika and Prissetta like this.
  5. Easiette Member

What works for me as a caster, setting it to "automatic" will only start the moment the spell lands (useful for precasting an ascension debuff during countdown on our raids)
    But if i use "forced" yes then it will start the moment i start casting anything (useful for when i quick pull trash in eg. obulus for burnt key farming)

hope that helps
    Mermut and Kalika like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Oh yes this works ... the first answer i got forgot to mention the last option (ie autoattack 3).

And this too ;-)

thanks both.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just want to point out that the /autoattack command enables or disables your autoattacks for the current encounter, but it doesn't change the persistent autoattack mode for your character. That's what the /setautoattack command does. Similar names, but two different animals, so to speak.