I Can't Harvest Shinies and Lose Half My Chests

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Almee, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Since the wee hours of the morning, I have been unable to harvest shinies all over Norrath and about half the chests don't give me the item reward let alone twice the coin reward.

I have been travelling all over Norrath, catching up on tradeskill and harvesting quests so I can complete the KA tradeskill timeline. About 90% of the time I can't harvest shinnies which has made it especially difficult in KA as I need the pages for the language. I suspect I'm not going to be able to pick up the pages in Bathezid Watch, either, so I can finish the TS timeline today.

I asked, in chat, if others were having the same problem but no one responded. I verified all my assets, logged back in, tried with other accounts, and still get the same problem. I can't believe I'm the only player getting robbed during the holiday event.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Also, double-check your graphics settings:
    • Options >> Click Advanced Button (if needed)
    • Options >> Display >> Performance >> Detail Range = Very Far
    • Options >> Display >> Performance >> Rendering Distance = High

If so and it still doesn't work, you probably need to create a help ticket.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

It turns out to be a strange bug probably brought on when I upgraded the xpac. It changed to loot options so that the program was giving the loot to the merc who was doing all the fighting to keep me from losing faction. Live and learn. Kander was a sweetie and got it straightened out for me. Now I'll know what to do if it ever happens again. Thank you Kander for such a swift response to my issue.
    Xianthia, Dude and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

If you are a fae or arasai, make sure you don't have seelie/unseelie form on. You can't loot or interact with most things with that active (at least that used to be the case).

Otherwise, check your loot settings. It really sounds like auto decline got set. That's options > group settings > drop down for auto loot settings.

**ah nm, glad it got sorted for you.

Leaving my post in case they can help someone else.
    Simparri and Rosyposy like this.