I can't down load today's server update.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ealdian, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Ealdian Well-Known Member

This is the message I get:
    " Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Users/Public/Daybreak GameCompany/Installed Games/Everquest II/Everquest2.Exe (13) - http://eq2.patch/daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq2/eq2.shazs/80/3s6/de8350d1c9dd3adc3d24
    The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install. "

What this means is I can't download today's server update and I can't play.
    Help please.
    Thanks,
    Ealdian Cearnan
    But you can call me Eli
  2. Ysabeau New Member

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, Eli, but I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I am no computer whiz, but I tried disabling all security programs and running the file as an administrator straight from the directory. No dice. Would love a fix, since I can't get past the error message to log in at all at this point.
  3. billo New Member

I also can't log on for the same reason now for two days with no way to fix the problem that I can come up with. haven't found anyway to report it to daybreak but it may be a blessing in disguise because my yearly renewal comes up in about thirty days and with all the problems this game is having I don't think I'm gonna renew and have been a paying member for 10 years and even played eq1 for a short time. So if daybreak cant do something very soon "I QUIT"
  4. Mialai New Member

Same for me - ran as Admin, security off - same message, can't log in. Remarkably frustrating.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I had this a few weeks ago, personally I just deleted the copy of Everquest2.exe in my EQ2 directory, reran patcher and it did a download of latest one from scratch.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I got in to the US-based servers, Test server, and Thurgadin today, with Thurgadin being about 5 minutes ago or less. Doing dandy! :)

Good luck!

Uwk