I am newbie on eq2 am I gonna have a hard time catching up to experienced players?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by carloss, May 15, 2019.

1. carloss New Member

Hi there, I only played everquest 2 for only like a few days and I liked the game,
    I played eq1 for months however almost no eq 2. Will I have a hard time catching up
    with more experienved players on the new kaladim server?

have a great day!
    Febrith likes this.
  2. Liral Active Member

Nah, there are about 2 months left before the next expansion so plenty of time to get a toon to max level.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Welcome to EQ2! Press "U" to see which guilds are recruiting and make some new friends:)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Playing on Kaladim, I don't foresee any real trouble catching up. If you're brand new to EQ2, this is the server to be on.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Depending on your playstyle, and how quickly you make a few friends. You can be max level, and have near BiS gear in about 40 hours of play time. Catching up is easy, just find a guild of like minded players with play times similar to yours and go nuts.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Being "good" to progress was never really the point of the classic game. Much of it's design was reactionary to complaints about EQ1 and the inability of the casual player to progress meaningfully. Classic EQ2 was very much a casual friendly game by design. You only needed a few friends and to not be blindly incompetent to progress, which is what we've got right now. Being "good" doesn't matter until EoF or so, and even then only if you want to raid.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not have to be "good", that term is subjective, so just ignore that. Play the game, have fun, you will learn how to play the character or characters you create as you progress. If you do not know what character or class you want right now, make a few, test drive them, delete them if you do not like them and make a different one.

Make friends, find a guild that has people you that play at similar times that you do. When you find a guild that interests you, ask questions of the members of the guild about the character or characters you have chosen to play, there is a lot of knowledge lurking around this server. Look for members of Court of the Blood Rose, you can apply online at www.blood-rose.com or talk to a player in game. We have players across all US time zones, EU and AU time zones as well, and you would be most welcome.

Good luck, good journies and have fun, that is what is most important.
    Schmetterling, Carynn and Breanna like this.
  8. Satyr Well-Known Member

WRONG!

Somedude likes this.
  9. Mr Kotter New Member

I dig the sig.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

Cheers :) Illustrated raid strats!