Hyran's Change

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Irolas, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

You should know me well enought to tell when Im joking. No spite intended. And NO WE will have to disagree here.
    Making our buff a 15 min buff with a 30 sec recast timer that we can click off and recast any time will in no way diminish the effectivness of the spell nore our role in the MT group.
    I have been a MT dirge for a Long time take my word for it. It would be a change for the better.

Message Edited by Warbird1 on 12-14-2006 02:12 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

I tanked when I was in a duo with my mystic friend. Can't say I'm heartbroken about the Hryan's change though.
    Oh, and I support the 15 min duration Hryan's buff if it gets rid of the concentraion slot requirement. Can cast it on multiple peeps too with a 30 second recast.
    Message Edited by TheSummoned on 12-14-2006 11:04 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

Well let me make a Guardian tomorrow. Power level him to 70 in 2 weeks (exaggerating a bit but could happen). Play him in the high end for a few months then come and comment on how a spell change the Devs are going to make is better for all the guardians lvl 1-70. Is the high end experience the same than that at lower levels. Not claiming he did do this but yes there is a difference.
    It is a nerf for those dirges who use this spell and took advantage of the Str component for one reason or another. Now here is where it gets sticky. Better for who? The dirge who tanks for his duo partner; the group that has no tank. Or is i t better for the raid/group tank. Yes i have tanked plenty of times in PUG and guild groups so i see the benefit of it having STR small as it might be. Yes I leveled a toon for transmuting purposes a bruiser and had no problem taking aggro like usual fom the tank and tanked it myself.
    You must consider if we do have problems, why they came to be. Poor mechanic implimentation in their part if you ask me. Was thier a change needed yes, but was the solution they picked the correcrt one. Probably not hence why we are seeing all these changes to the mechanics and addition of skills not previously needed.
  4. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

THANK YOU DUNN!!! You proved my point 100%...I have a bruiser alt too...I dont use taunts with him, I use his really high DPS to keep agro, Bruisers are awesome single target, because they do some much dmg...But the tank lost agro to you because his taunts are GETTING RESISTED...But if he had a dirge with the ability to bolster is Aggression Skill that wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't have taken the agro.
  5. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Good point Both of you.

Here is another food for thought for those people who feel this only benifits raiders.

There are a lot of heroic instances out there where some mobs are yellow. And there are a few heroics we have to deal with that are orange. Having this skill change for the tank will make it a lot easier for them to hold agro.

Yeah we loose the ability to cast it on ourselves. But there are easier ways to make up for that loss. Trust me.
  6. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

named in Valdoon lowers the tanks level by the way...

Nonetheless, game mechanics changed with EoF...Combat affectiveness is different now. Dev's are looking to keep Dirges actually IN FRONT of the curve for once, instead of begging to keep us on Par when they so easily forget about us...
    Message Edited by DarkVillian on 12-14-2006 02:31 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

So the problem is the taunt mechanic which apparently bruisers don't use. Wouldn't just fixing the taunt effectivness and not creating a whole new skill set been a better option then. The problem is actually bigger than we think, just the devs don't want to share it lol
  8. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

Bruisers have always tyaken aggro from the tanks even before EoF and the changes. I proved nothing lol.
  9. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

I would love to see the concentration slot removed from Hyrans. I cant honestly think of a real reason as to why though, except that I want it. Im guilty, as I said earlier, of using it on myself when duoing with my fury. Yes, the primary reason was the hate, but I used the str as a trade off to take off harls while still keeping pos, mana, self and either parry or tombs depending on how hard the fight was. Id love to now be able to use this and my other songs, but I cant really see that happening, probably for the same reason they wont give us concentrationless self buff.
    I will miss being able to use the str when im naked and encumbered by my 5 boxes, but /shrug, what can ya do.
    All I really want is for brias to go back to having to be recast every 3 minutes. For real.

I am so seriously not serious :)
  10. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Cast your STR/AGI buff...Gives you more STR :smileyvery-happy:
  11. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Currently, Harl's + Hyran's gives you even more strength.

Harl's + Hyran's + a strength potion gives you even more.
    Message Edited by Rijacki on 12-15-2006 06:27 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Early in the morning Rijacki and you aren't paying attention yet??? If you need that much STR to carry 5 boxes without being encumbered, maybe you shouldn't have boxed in your inventory...
    Of course Hyrans, with Harls, and STR potion is just an Uber ungodly amount of STR (and will make you out dps Assassins and stuff)...But with the loss of STR mod on Hyrans, you can just use Harls and thats plenty of STR to carry around 5 boxes and at least 2 gnomes...
  13. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Whoa someone hasn't had their coffee yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hazeroth Guest

Remeber when Hyrans was that one abiity that made bards go ".....huh? [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is this? What the hell does it do? I think I know what it does, but do I really?"

You cast it, and you wondered is this suppost to make mobs hate me every tic? I see glowy particals over the mobs attacking every couple seconds but what the hell does it MEAN! If it increases my personal hate sure that could be great if you are duoing with a healer, but other then that, why the hell would I bother?

Now that a fun time, took them close to a year to do something with that ability.
  15. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Maybe...
  16. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Well that's no good grumpy Dirge's are dangerous, with all those songs about death and destruction, and the ability to wreck mahemn and destroy people's mine sor send them to the depths of despair. Actually... Hrmm... Maybe that's a good thing get to share the grumpiness. ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-DarkVillian Guest

Its the Tech Support...Dealing with stupid people all day make a Dirge grumpy... Coffee is my sweet savior!
  18. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

ewwww... Tech support. Dealing with people who don't listen or understand is the worse.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

LOL..now we know how the devs feel everyday ;)

Sorry, I just had to do it :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I was paying attention in math class (last time I took it). Harls does not, as you were presumably asserting, give more strength than Harl's + the current Hyran's or even more strength than Harl's + Hyran's + strength potion.

You also completely and utterly missed the facts (weren't paying attention?) that A) I never said that -I- carried boxed inventory (only one and only for raids with my dirge, my raid gear box, Rijacki, my wizard, never carries boxes except from a broker to the bank or her innroom vault in the long past) and B) The person who -did- say they cast it to carry boxes also said they use Harl's -with- Hyran's and maybe even a potion or three (but it's tough to keep potions going for -hours- of harvesting).

For me, I have actually used smaller bags and my strength capacity while harvesting to tell me when I should start deleting the less valuable stuff (I clear-cut harvest usually) and/or return home. Harvesting more than 3 or 4 hours at a stretch while not doing anything else makes me grumbly.

OH... and I am also not passing judgement on anyone for using a buff in a way that I don't. If someone finds a different use and it works for them, then it's good for them. Frankly, I never thought of using it as a way to compensate for over encumberance, a rather creative use of the buff. I applaud any "outside the box" thinking.