Hydromancers heal vs Necro Mage pet heals

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Muffincookie, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

Has anyone compared how well these two heal?
    I know they (atleast ppl say so) arent excellent heal pets but I was curious if they are similar or if the Hydromancer is better as it is a pure heal/support pet.

I read that is didnt get crits on its heals, is that still the same? Have they buffed it at all?
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

Neither the necromancer goo nor the hydromancer has been worth a damn since it was released.

During beta the Hydromancer worked like channelers do with intercept, small hots, but did zero damage and could not crit. It also worked as a secondary pet, but was changed to primary pet a week before release of the expansion.

The goo was a debuffing pet that did very little damage in return.

TLDR; Dont bother with either.
    AOE1 likes this.
  3. Muffincookie Active Member

Ok so you dont know if the Necro Mage pet heals better or about the same?
    I know that the "goo" is a debuff pet. Im talking about the mage pet that necros has.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The necro pets follow the archtype classes. Where did you get the impression the mage pet heals? The necro class can do some healing, but the mage pet healing is something new I've never heard of. Most of the time I have the scout pet out. Mage pet used to be an excellent choice for mob groups, but most summoners are running scout pet these days.
  5. Muffincookie Active Member

It does have a heal in the form a lifetap. And I actually read somewhere a while ago that it does a better job than the Hydromancer, so I was curious if anyone has ever tested it and if it was the same now.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

As stated. the Hydromancer and the Ooze haven't ever been good enough where someone would use it full time. I know a few people that DID test them after the AA revamp's last year just to see if there was any change, but alas they still aren't worth having specced. FWIW, there's really no situation where a summoner wouldn't use their scout pet. Unless you're low on pot for cmit checks then mage + teamwork might be worth using, but even in low levels, the scout pet will do enough damage where things should die before you do, and it can even hold aggro just as good as the tank while in defensive.
    Bhayar and Sydnye like this.
  7. Loke Member

Maybe you're thinking the spell Consumption? There's an AA which allows the pet heal to apply to not only group members pets but to their characters as well.
  8. Muffincookie Active Member

Maybe, I cannot remember that old post. Only remember that the person said that the Necro mage pet heals just aswell as the Hydromancer.
  9. Bardonio Active Member

in your SHADOWS AA tree, bottom right there is an aa that is called "WRATH OF THE UNDEAD SERVANT". The aa grants the pet a new ability that inflicts disease damage upon their target and siphons a portion of it back as health. It applies to all three primary pets: nightshade(scout), grim sorcerer(mage), undead knight(tank). In the necromancer tree 5th line down there is an AA that is called "TAINTED HEALS" which heals the pet whenever the necromancer casts any manipulation spell in their spell book. Hope this clear the "mage pet heal" confusion up for you.
  10. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I recall when the Hydromancer came out it seemed like a good idea, but it was a short-lived fantasy. I don't think it was strong enough to do much good.