Hydromancer and Ooze crawler

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Muffincookie, May 23, 2023.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

Im playing on the TLE server and I have now lvled up both a Necro and a Conjurer and they are roughly the same lvl and gear. Currently ~65 and I choosed to play with the Hydromancer and the Ooze pet and I have to say they both perform alot better when I solo than the scoutpet and the magepet, AND they help me heal up if needed. I have testet to swap back and Im always dissapointed. Their dps isnt to bad either atm compared to the others.
    Perhaps this will change later, but atm I very much prefer them over scoutpet and magepet on both classes.
    Daryx likes this.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

It makes me want to retest, but I have always seen the uselessness of using it. Maybe on a tle , With these freshly arrived AAs , that pet Can make something, in solo, and compete , a bit t6,7 pets, But I remain very skeptical.
    In group , for sure , it's a nono .
  3. Muffincookie Active Member

Yeah it might change later, we'll see :) But so far I have swapped back to them every time when I solo.
  4. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Both do nearly nothing at max level. It would be great for those pets to provide meaningful DR, cures or something remotely useful.
  5. Muffincookie Active Member

I have been testing her in various groups and dungeons and im not exactly sure how its works because in Crushbone Keep she was using all kinds of spells to aid the group, like a groupheal almost on all pulls and a ward too. But that is the only time I have seen that. So im wondering what causes her to do what she does. I was in a Fallen Gate group mentoring and she didnt do any of those even tho we needed them.
    Its an interesting pet and im wondering if anyone have tested it abit?
  6. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Technically related; didn't there used to be a spell that let you swap with a pet for less than a minute (enough to scout around corners), or am i not at the right lvl yet?
  7. Muffincookie Active Member

I remember this! I think it was the top skill in the summoner AA tree.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

They changed how the top skill in Summoner works sadly but that is how it used to work.

As for making these pets better, honestly giving them meaningful Heals/Cures/DR would definitely be a start I couldn't even begin to tell you what abilities the pets have on them at the moment. Nor if they ever fixed that issue with "too many pet abilities = bad".

I kinda had some thoughts on this more akin with the DPS and Tank pets.

For Hydromancer:
    [Aqueous Orb] - Deals Cold Damage to a single target, healing the Summoner's group for 20% of the damage dealt.
    [Roiling Waves] - Deals Cold Damage to 8 targets in an area of effect, granting Wave Shielding to the party, reducing Elemental and Magic damage received for 10 seconds.
    [Hydrosophy] - Heals a single target for X% health. The pet will use this skill on any party member below 40% Health.
    [Aqueous Veil] - Wards the group against X damage and dispels 200 levels of Elemental or Arcane ailments from the group. If an ailment is removed, restores X power to the Summoner's party.

For Ooze Pet:
    [Fetid Whip] - Strikes a single target, dealing Disease and Crushing damage to a single target. Heals the Summoner's party for a percentage of the damage dealt.
    [Fetid Emission] - Strikes the target encounter, dealing Disease damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Drains the Noxious and Physical mitigation of the target, granting an increase in Noxious and Physical mitigation to the group.
    [Draining Tendrils] - Deals Noxious damage to a single target, and restores 100% of the damage dealt to the party member with the lowest Health.
    [Mucus Membrane] - Wards the group against X damage and dispels 200 levels of Physical or Noxious ailments from the group. If an ailment is removed, restores X power to the Summoner's party.

I tried to make the pets roughly equal, but not exactly the same here. So they cure different damage types. Both pets also still fill more a supporting role and provide some minor healing.

I feel like more could be added onto this if those two pets were ever reworked.
    DENSER and Muffincookie like this.
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

On paper it seems nice, but on tle and so fast heroics it's just now useless.
    Same in a raid where u re hired to make dps and where heals re there fore their jobs .

The only idea to use them is to see what it gives, solo fun to test, a fun spell .
    Forgot it in group or raid
  10. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If it provided real utility/heals...I would totally use it in raid and I raid high-end.

Clutch utility is always appreciated and sometimes your fury/mystic goes LD on a progression pull...
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yea.
    If it...
    Unfortunately, this is not the case.
    Like a lot of aa, forgotten for years
  12. Dgkelly38 Active Member

We should get the Devs to turn that into a conventional spell when the next expansion arrives.
  13. Muffincookie Active Member

I love my Hydromancer. I named her Aqualina :D Would love it if they gave her some more love.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That's kind of where the thought went, yeah. Curing specific ailment sets is a nice niche, healing while doing DPS is something that would be potentially-OP on a player but not necessarily completely broken on a pet utilized by a class that isn't necessarily a dedicated healer so doesn't get a lot of the "+Healing" effects. But such abilities would be helpful in situations where a small pivot is neededl .

I do wonder if the Hydromancer/Ooze pets should also come bundled with a buff that uniquely effects "Priest" pets with a DPS and Healing buff so you also have a Support Stance of sorts for pets that doesn't fully neglect your role as a DPS. lol.

For the Hydromancer pet I really do like how that one looks lol, usually name it Undine due to being a huge Tales Of series fan.

Giving the two classes a new pet line instead of making it an AA could be interesting lol, free up the AA for something else and it also lets them make more immediate changes to it.
  15. Muffincookie Active Member

It could be such a nice addition if they gave those two pets some work. Maybe we can all send in feedback about it.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

If nothing else, activity and likes in this topic would probably be a good motivator :p

If I played Conjy/Necro enough to feel comfortable doing so I'd definitely repost some of it with a suggestion or feedback tag.

As it is I goofed around with the pet a bit on the LnL server and scratched my head a bit. It doesn't seem to scale as well as the other pets in terms of just general stats and everything. Of course that could be some LnL server-specific issue too lol.
  17. Clintsat Well-Known Member

It just plain doesn't do anything of note.