Hunting and gear question

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Emblazer, May 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Emblazer Guest

I'm a return lvl 70 warden with about 60AA and bunch out dated gears (most legendary only) from 2006, after sniff through all the post and info I can find, it seems to me the best way to go about this is to turn AA slider to 100% and do quests and grind out the AAs till maybe 100AA then lvl up again. Any recommandation as where to hunt and maybe some quest I can do to revamp some of my gears while getting my AA up? I'm pretty darn poor as well, so any recommandated area that can net me some coins are welcome as well =)
    Thx!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Hi...
    My advice to you would be to use the Chonomage system so that you self mentor, then go and do the re vamped Everfrost and Lavastorm Questlines. They are nice newish quest lines that you will need to mentor down to about lvl 50-55 for. Definetly worth doing. I would also look at the new KOS questlines recently added. I did these at lvl 70 mentored down to 60-70 as you go , and got several levels with rest xp, and also there is a nice full set of gear, and a cloud mount reward from these quests.
    Then after that you have Kunark to start at lvl or , or if you are higher by then mentor to lvl 70. With All the Kunark zones, followed by the Moors timelines, you will have many many quests, and eventually you will head for Sentinals Fate in your early 80's
    That is what I did after coming back at lvl 70 recently, and it seem to work really well. As to what you do AA wise, that is up to you, the slider can be used, but you will get alot of AA from the new quest lines anyway. However use the slider as you feel comfortable with... maybe set it to 50%?
    Main thing is to use the Chronomage system , it is your friend....
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Chronomage is a nice system to use if you don't mind overpowering lower levels. You will get AAs converted from XP kills including names. Quest turn -ins however, provide AAs regardless if grey or not.
    At level 70 you can work several areas with AA slider up to 100% from Several instances in DoF such as Ancient's Table, Poet's Palce, all of KoS (fantastic hunting grounds with SoS, the Nest, PoA, Vaults and AoA, the Den, Halls of Fate and Sepulcher) and all of LP as well as their instances. Even upper Lesser Faydark quests will be green for you. Don't forget places like Estate of Unrest in BBM, Obelisk of Blight, Acadechism, Crypt of Valdoon. Other places to haunt with 70 are New Tunaria, Castle Mistmoore and teh Catacombs. Use wikia for various timelines.
    Do all your HQs even if grey - you can chronomage those if you wish. Don't forget the sig quests, too. All give nice AAs. While you are hunting in an area, do adventure writs. Wikia also has a complete list of quests that give AA - not all of them do.
    Doing the above will net you well over 100AA - you can spend up to 170AAs at level 70.
    Then XP level to 72-75 and work RoK and Moors - you can easily spend and earn up to 200AA the cap at level 80. Then XP up to 81 and lock, to start earning another 50AAs (cap with SF is 250) before you take on SF.
    I highly suggest you get as close to 250 as you can before you start SF because the quests numbers are a bit lacking in that xpac. SoE is expected to add a couple more questlines to handle that. So if you are at least 225AAs at level 81 and still have more quests to finish up in Moors/TSO, then I would XP level up to 85, then hit SF.
    There are several ways of getting AAs and XPs if you plan things out carefully to avoid the grind of killing the same mobs over and over or doing the same instances over and over. Plan well and you can efficiently cover ground very nicely.
    Some peeps chrono down to SS level, group up then go around and kill every NPC around the place. In Pillars of Flame around the caravans, etc. quite a few NPCs hang out. You also have the NPCs around the docks, oasis, etc. In KoS you also have NPC areas, too.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Quests There is even a category of AA quests by Zone!
    Good adventures to you.

edit: nice way to make coin is to sell, sell, sell, sell - popular crafting goods, shinies, and rare raws as well as masters and treasured, legendary and fabled items for those transmuting and/or adorning.
  4. ARCHIVED-Emblazer Guest

Thanks for all the helpful informations!
    I have another question =) For Melee Warden, I know we get most of our combat abilities from Warden tree, and those attacks are basically conversions of our offense spells. My question is, if I upgrade the spell book does that benefit translate to warden melee attacks as well? For example if I'm using Dawnstrike as melee attack, and I upgraded the Dawnstrike from Adept to Grandmaster using the warden training freebie, does that spell book upgrade translate to melee attack as well or strictly spell only? And those free grandmaster freebies can I respec them later as well?
    Thanks =)
  5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Yes it will be of benefit to you when you are in healing stance vs melee stance. This is because GA and Litany deals with spell dmg (hostile) as well as melee dmg.
    Some of the Hostile spell choices include the melee under warden are alternative spells such as Dawnstrike (melee) upgradeable through ranks (AA) is separate from Dawnstrike hostile spell upgradeable through master or grandmaster.
    Do also select Litany and Glacial Assault in Shadow as well as Infusion/Stormcaller's Renewal in Druid tree which procs heals with melee/hostile spells. This gives you benefits of both your melee attacks as well as hostile spell dmg.
    BTW, I use the INT line for my melee attack as it also gives crit mit which helps if you aren't capped at 100% and I love infusion and stormcaller's renewal! With WIS now increasing not only heals but dmg, I use the dawnstrike (warden's line) to improve other areas due to the mechanical changes of SF.
    I raid on occasion but mostly group and solo/duo.
  6. ARCHIVED-Emblazer Guest

So.... basically if my main focus it's melee, my best bet is to let AAs build up my melee dmgs etc and use Warden training grandmaster freebies to boost my buff and healing spells?
  7. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Yes - check out INT line - they tend to proc heals! and you get the dmg to your melee/spells. Don't overlook the STA line, neither.....
  8. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Hi
    If you never use your spells, and only use melee abilities, you do not need to ever upgrade the spells... Think you have been mis lead a bit here. When you put 5 point into the conversion in the Warden tree, then that Combat Art will automatically upgrade every level on its own. This is one of the advantages of going melee. You do not need to get your hostile spells upgraded. Obviously other spells like Heals still need to be upgraded.
    Also Crits now work for everything, so your crit % will equally effect Heals CA's and spells. To increase your CA' damage further you need + ability modifier.... this figure also is now a universal modifer, since the SF changes.
    Bottom line... Melee wardens never need buy or research their Hostile spells, unless you use them sometimes INSTEAD of CA's.
    Hope this makes things clearer....
    Also Melee Wardens DO NOT go INT line. The Strength Line will proc heals for Melee! INT line is the proc for Spellcaster Wardens!
  9. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Sorry this is simply WRONG....
    The Strength Line is the most important line for Melee Wardens... Never the INT line! The Natures Boon Heal procs for Melee Wardens are in the Strength line.... You have given the wrong advise here my friend. The Heal proc in the INT line is for spellcasting Wardens not Melee Wardens!
    Also The Strength Line gives you double attack and Haste for your melee heal procs .... Strength Line not INT line for Melee Wardens.. Apart from the first Ability in the INT line being an aditional melee ability ( which alot of melee Wardens skip tbh ), the rest of the INT line does nothing whatsoever for Melee...
    Stamina Line is good for the Crit % increase, but Strength should be the first tree you go once you have turned you attack spells into CA's in the Warden line!
  10. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Ghostwolf@Splitpaw wrote:
    DoH..... warden is more than a one trick pony, in case you didn't notice. Melee is one choice; spell casting is another - the dmg output between the two isn't that much different. If you are raiding and in a caster group, then melee won't do you a bit of good when you have to heal casters who are sitting at range and the raid leader expects you to heal and cure, not put out dps.
    And many wardens like the choice. Read the INT line a bit closer since it adds to base dmg whether you are melee or spell caster or hybrid. Infusion will also proc off heals but not everyone will take Infusion but it is free dps even when melee - Natural Boom will proc heals off melee which is nice if you choose this route in a group or raid (scout group). Thunderspike is a MELEE attack. Stormcaller's Control adds to the base damage of your spells. If you also choose litany, GA (Shadow Tree) plus the first three STR - your spells are CAs.
    As to which is most import - INT or STR depends on your playstyle. Hybrids often choose part of STR, part of INT and AGI. So it isn't always a matter of either ...... or.
    As for STA - one again that depends on your playstyle. Many will take the first couple choices in that line. Crits are mainly for raiders, since group instance and solo mobs don't really crit afaik.
    For the warden, it's STR, AGI, INT and STA in all or part depending on your style, how much solo, group, raid play you do. If you need - then use AA mirror. Your choices are pure melee (Wardens line in Warden Tree also), pure spell caster or hybrid.
    And dmg spells should always be upgraded because you just have another arsenal in your bags - unless you will never ever be in a ranged situation where you cannot be up close and personal with the MOB.
    Yes, wardens are more than a one trick pony. However, do keep in mind, wardens are more than dps - they are healers and are expected to heal and cure in groups and in raids. The dps is low on the scale of all those who do dps whether melee or spell casting.
    It use to be cut and dry for warden AA choices - after all the changes in mechanics and AAs, it ain't so much that, any more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Vanilla1 Guest

Hi
    The Orignal Poster mentioned in his first 2 threads that he was looking for info on leveling a melee Warden from lvl 70. He did not mention being a caster warden or raiding. What you say is true in relation to choices of Playstyle, but as he stated he was a MELEE WARDEN Clearly in his 2nd post, I felt I had to point out that going the INT line was not the right choice. If he wanted to be a hybrid or spell caster raiding Warden maybe, but he asked for clear advise.
    I am not having a pop at you or your knowledge of the Warden Class, but you implied that ...
    1) Melee wardens CA's were effected directly by by the grade of their damage spells...
    2) the Melee Heal Proc was provided in the INT tree.....
    Both of these points are NOT correct. I felt it was only right to point these two errors out to the opening poster....
    Infact if you read back over the posts you will see that the advice you gave was not very clear, and a little jumbled. I also think that you are getting Crit% and Crit Mit mixed up, and when he specifically asked for Melee focused advice, you once again went on about the INT line and its heal procs.... So I was trying to add clarity
    No offense was intended...
  12. ARCHIVED-blaiddur Guest

str line for sure when leveling but as you eventually do groups and start to find less and less time to dps that melee healproc becomes increasingly negligable. at this point switching to int (or having it on a mirror) for infusion would help maintain some dps while healing. I also use int line specifically for infusion on my complete dps spec and rotate heals into my cast order so i never have a period of time im not doing damage (ie need to heal or waiting on timers).
    I also dont want people to be under the impression that the melee healproc is the be and end all. you can not depend on it to keep your group healed. soloing it does fine to keep yourself topped up and easy stuff it can do ok. Casting winds of healing consistantly will do a much better job of keeping a group up.
  13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Ghostwolf - I stand corrected.... thanks for pointing that out. I did lose track of the OP's melee warden desires and muddled the situation by bringing in the spell casting of which dmg is just about on par as melee. Once again, thanks for the corrections.