Huge Amounts of Unknown Damage

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-KetaDreams, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-KetaDreams Guest

A bit about my character:
    Kettah, 82 bruiser, good fabled gear through level 80 raid zones (stopped levelling this character about 2 years ago). Semi-buffed, about 15.5k hp. Definitely not gimped. I have about 170 AA (not all spent due to the revamp; still deciding where to allocate some points). Hope this link works (it's fairly current): http://everquest2.com/character/2939763203/

What's happening:
    I'm currently doing solo content/quests/etc. to level up. Most mobs I kill are trash mobs that (should) rarely hit me. Hits that do show up in combat text are rarely more than 500 hp. However, I'll often see my hp go down.. a LOT. I'm talking about killing a trash mob (usually 1 down arrow/no arrows) and watching my hp go down by 1/4 to 1/2 my total. No hits show up in text (I have ALL combat text on). No accompanying sounds (like bones crunching or other battle sounds), the mobs aren't casting, etc. I'm baffled at what's going on, and feel downright stupid for not being able to figure it out. Here's what I've done so far:
    Made SURE all combat text is ON.
    Checked all combat arts, gear, etc. to make sure I don't have anything that converts health to power or similar.
    Petitioned (no response).
    Asked friends and people within the community.
    Checked for bugs in the forums.
    I know there is something(s) I may not be thinking of and I need help troubleshooting. In a nutshell, I should never EVER have to rest after killing trash mobs (unless I'm jumped by more than 7ish, depending).
    Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Criticism is also welcome, by the way, just don't be mean.... I only wear leather :)
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Try starting a log file and when you have that happen , close the log file...maybe posting a link to the last fight in that log of that one fight may help someone see whats happening...without that nobody can say for definate , it may be the mob has hit you with a debuff that lowers your mitigation to damage by a large percentage so you take more damage.
  3. ARCHIVED-KetaDreams Guest

Thanks, I'll try that. It's definitely frustrating and makes me feel like a complete wuss. :( This happens with a wide range of trash mobs, too, and they con from low blue to white typically. *shakes fist*