Hua Mein portal items for house

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cloudrat, Mar 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

The Hua Mien portal items 3 painting and an orb can't be used by visitors to your house, unlike all the other portal items we have.
    I made a portal house on test and was surprised when visitor couldnt use those paintings.

Any chance we could fix this?)
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Not sure dev would want to fix that. You have to gain access to the Hua Mien village through a quest line. I'm not sure house objects check to see if you have done the quest or not.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Meirril wrote:
    There are lots of house portal items that require quest lines to obtain that can be used by visitors, so I really don't believe that is a deciding factor.
    Just one of those who was making that decision that day kind of things seems more like it. it isn't as if they are all that useful anymore except as the occasional novelty.
    I was just hoping that since they are also decorative and make a nice additon to a portal hub , that they too could be of use by visitors to the house as well.
  4. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I wish they would fix it. I wasn't aware that a visitor couldn't use it since visitors can use the others. I also wish they'd fix it so that visitors could use home mailboxes and broker boards.
  5. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Meirril wrote:
    It doesn't require them to have done the quest, it requires them to have a certain access level to the house. To be honest, the access level to use the portal objects varies greatly from object to object without any rhyme or reason to it. I don't think there is a plan or rule for it. I think it is just random. I wish they would make all useable by visitors to be honest. Why not? Some are and some aren't ....I can't think of any logical reason for why they vary.
    Edit: I also agree that mailboxes and broker boards would be better if visitors could use them. Also, to clarify. These are objects crafted from a recipe book and they do not port you to the Hua Mien villiage. Instead you are ported to other areas.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Katz wrote:
    Rivervale, Steamfont, Jarsith Wastes, and Paineel.
  7. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Meirril wrote:
    That's not an issue as there are no house items that send you there. Even if there were, the Hua Mein will kick you out.
    As for why this can't be used by visitors, it probably has to do with these being player made items and the impact it would have on production and selling if anyone could use one person's house to teleport. I wouldn't expect them to "fix" this ever. It's not that hard to find the rare and a carpenter to make the item you want for your own house.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    edited for accuracy
  9. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    True it isn't hard to get a carpenter with the recipes to make it and the rares are easy to find as well. That said, why not make it so others can use the portals/travel items you have in your home to your visitors?
    Maybe it isn't random how the permissions are set for portal items (we the players don't get told), but it does seem obscure on the reasonings, as well as sometimes it's just an oversight on the devs on making things be correct (most recent example being some files missed on the mobs critting .. this is just a random example, in no way making this a discussion about this).
  10. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Perhapsthe reason is because they are crafted rather than quested. However, I don't think that people would go around looking for houses that have the portals in them to use. They aren't that big a deal. It mostly is an inconvenience as I crafted them myself and have to make sure that I give access to each of my toons to use them.
    Edit: Plus, I would like people who take the time to visit my house be able to go near where they want to be next. The more portal items they can use the better, imo.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Katz wrote:
    People wouldn't go around looking for a house with portals, but a guild would really only need one set in one house. There could be a house specifically set as a travel house and put on the leaderboards. I'll agree that it's nice to have travel options for people visiting my house. Almost every public house of mine has a guild door and a few other travel items. I think it should remain limited. If you want a travel hub, you go to a guild hall.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    Thank you, I thought it was Paineel but wasn't sure. But definately all of them aren't the Hua Mein village, that's only where you get the recipes (after gaining enough faction). I like the Steamfont one :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Deveryn@Crushbone wrote:
    So are you saying that carpenters sell a lot of these? Just wondering, I've never sold any.
  14. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Katz wrote:
    I'm not saying they sell a lot. I have no clue. I sold a few back then and made a few sets for my alt housing. I imagine more were made and sold because random people can't come through and use it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

Noob alert here. Sorry to have to ask you guys, but being somewhat new in coming back, I was wondering what these portal items are that you guys are talking about? I've completed all the quests and have maximum faction with pretty much everyone in this expac, but I guess I didn't realize there were house portal items that were rewards or recipes? Where can I find them?
  16. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Giallolas wrote:
    These are from the Sentinel's Fate expansion. A carpenter would need faction with Hua Mein to get the recipe. It all starts with questing from Felice Aday on Spire Island in the Sundered Frontier.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Giallolas wrote:
    If you're a carpenter, you can buy some faction recipes from the Hua Mein in Sundered Frontier. The merchant is back in the cave. The book contains recipes for three paintings and one orb. You can place the items in your house (but not guild halls). When you right click on the item in your house, you can choose to be transported to the location determined by the painting (Rivervale, Steamfont, Jarsith Wastes, and Moonfield Hamlet.
  18. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Giallolas wrote:
    My carpenter has over 40K faction with Hua Mein and I haven't seen this either. Thanks for asking LOL
  19. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Mermut wrote:
    thank you. I will check it out.
  20. ARCHIVED-Kuroitsuki Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Are you sure it was just not on a reuse timer. All house teleport items have a 1 hour native timer. It has been this way since the DoF "Poets Palace" Carpet.
    Most players do not notice this as when they exit the house, the house zone collapses. if you re-enter say 5 mins later, the game generates a new instance and the timer is reset. If the house or guild hall zone persists (i.e it has an active occupant) the timers will run until expiry.
    This is the danger with so called "portal hub" housing,
    Hope that helps your testing Ms Angelmouse!