Hua Mein Access

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Properman, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Properman Member

Hi all, just returning to the game and working on SF quests. As I havent chosen to go gold yet my account has reverted back to silver. I just got the Leaf for Hua Mein access but its legendary so not usable by me. It was suggested to me that it now puts a spell in my book but it didnt. Any idea how I can get access and continue the quest chain? Clicking the leaf and choosing the use option does nothing, not even an error message.
  2. napu Member

i got it added as an ability, im not sure if thats locked by being silver. i got two items though, one was given as quest reward then i picked a leaf next to him, i dont know which one granted the ability.
  3. Properman Member

I have both those as well. No ability was added to my book tho.
  4. napu Member

strange. i cant see why being silver would stop the ability being given to you, unless perhaps it it is useing it for first time that does it. Have you tried just leaping there now? maybe the barrier has disappeared now you have got that far
  5. Properman Member

Yup, been trying it all day. :(
  6. Terrorpeutic New Member

I had to equip the item, then use it while equipped to get the ability added. Not sure why the leaf doesn't work cause I can just use it in my inventory.
  7. Slydog New Member

I got both items the day before they were changed to legendary, but clicking on the leaf still worked today even though the icon now says "locked." Then I noticed that a "teleport to Hua Mein-ville" ability was added to the hotbar as well. That also still works.
  8. Endara Member

It's been a little while, but I'm fairly sure I had the ability automatically added.... but I'm on a gold account.
    There's another thread here stating that Legendary and Fabled mounts bought for SC are now locked for free and silver accounts. So it seems like there might be something very wrong across the board, with items missing an Unlocked tag.
  9. Moammar New Member

I have one character out of 9 that the ability is not in his book and when I try to pluck a frond it says I already have. Assuming a bug if it did not add for you. I did not worry about it since I could just use the clicky.
  10. Trakka New Member

Have you tried going to the abilities (where your call to home is) - the leaf should be there if you drag it to your hotbar it should work - the leaf in the inventory never worked for me when i tried to use from there but it did from the abilities box
  11. Properman Member

Put in a ticket last night and got an answer back, give them this, much better response time then Im used to from SOE. Response was that its not usable and Im hooped, want me to buy an unblocker for it. Ive just returned to the game so I dont know all the changes but dont certain crafters have to do these quests in there to get their advanced 80-90 recipes? If so this is something Id be pissed about even more if that was why I needed to go there. So much for getting all the SF content at silver or bronze. After playing off and on (eq1 and 2) for many years this is the sort of thing I expect from SOE but new players might get pissed off enough to leave the game.

On a side note Ive read how much SOE has changed and learned from this F2P exp that EQNext is going to be way different in terms of how they treat their customers.. Dont see any changes from what Ive been reading on this forum. :(
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I got the leaf with my tradeskillers and to get the ability, you need to 1/ equip the item and 2/ right click on it and use iirc.
    If that's indeed the case (which seems to be according to your messages), then this item needs to be flagged as "treasured" and not "legendary".

You still can fly over or jump on the mountains to reach the Hua Mein encampment to do stuff there, but it's bound to be a major pain.
  13. Properman Member

Oh great, thanks for the idea. I never thought of jumping over. 99% of the 4 years Ive played this game we never had jumpers.