Not A Bug Hua Bardings - Only 1??!!!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ludilly, Apr 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludilly Member

They now are restricted as Lore to only allow us 1 on a mount ... when there are 11 spots. Seriously, the Panda event was already gimped versus previous years, in that all the immunity runes were essentially useless for the expac. And the summer forearms were useless if you raided, and completely unusable in this expac - a first when doing all the summer work had no payback moving forward. You are reducing all the incentives to do this type of content, which helps support your "active player" stats. Please either change the lore tag or allow us to again equip these on all our mount slots.
    Jinksie, Terrius, Neokissa and 4 others like this.
  2. Harmonized Member

For real. They give us a mount buff, but take away our Bardings. Working as intended?
  3. Demetrion New Member

I know it's unreasonable to expect an answer for every time someone asks "what was the thought process behind ______" - devs wouldn't get much work done if so!

But it seems odd that Barding would've been lore in the first place? Barding, as it relates to a mount/horse is simply armor. Just like our characters have slotted locations (head, shoulders, etc) it would seem fairly reasonable that mounts would have different "slots" as well (head, neck, legs, flanks, etc). Clearly that would be giving a crazy amount of detail to mount slots so condensing them to "barding" seems wholly appropriate,

But that's the rub, if they're all just "Barding" (or 'Armor') then making them lore is like telling a character PC "You're already wearing a helmet, what do you need a breastplate for?"

Anyway, I mean this respectfully :) and clearly I don't know the code the game runs so *hands up* I'm not trying to come off as some kind of expert know-it-all. I'm just hoping to make a convincing argument to get the LORE/Prestige/Lore-Equip tags removed from Barding slots.
    Leejin likes this.
  4. Caith Developer

This is not a bug, items equipped on a mount were ignoring the lore flags that were on items, which was the, now corrected, bug.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Let me see if I get this logic straight. Bardings of a like name are considered "lore" and you can put only one on a horse. And there are 11 barding slots on a horse. So either someone doesn't comprehend the notion of 'lore' as it applies to mount equipment or they can't count past one? Or is the possibility that bardings should never have been 'lore' to begin with since you need 11 of them? Would someone like to post what the player base is supposed to do with this tidbit of information?
    Jinksie likes this.
  6. Caith Developer

Lore items are not, and never have been, based on an items name. Items are flagged lore, or lore-equip, because you are either not supposed to obtain more then one (lore) or equip more then one (lore-equip), exactly like those tags functions for every other piece of equipment it is on. There are many barding items available that are not lore-equip, those are the ones you can wear multiple of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.